The PRW USA Procurement and Supply Specialist is responsible for managing procurement activities for all packaging materials & indirect purchases, and supplier performance across all PRW USA production activities and sites, including co-packers. The role works in conjunction with supply chain, marketing, finance, and operations departments to identify and set material requirements, cost targets, & preferred suppliers.
• Procurement activities for all PRW USA packaging operations: Mumm Napa, Kenwood Vineyards, and applicable Co-packers.
• Purchasing activities and formal agreements for Indirect Spending
• Supplier performance management
Key stakeholders (internal / external):
• PRW USA Packaging Operations Managers and Supervisors
• PRW USA Winemaking Operations Managers and Supervisors
• PRW USA & PR USA Finance teams
• PR USA Procurement and Customer Service teams
• PR USA and PRW USA Marketing and Direct-to-Consumer teams
• PRW USA packaging suppliers, service providers, co-packers, carriers, and warehouses
Decision making authority:
• Issue purchase orders/ blanket orders for dry goods and service providers in line with vendor contract terms and delegation of authority
• Approve material releases, rejections, and vendor credit memos
• Provide customer service oriented procurement support focused on delivering a best in class supply chain using procurement best practices that meet the needs and expectations of the operational activities for PRW USA winery sites (Mumm/Kenwood) and various co-packers.
• Manage and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure timely procurement involvement in business processes, and strategically plan purchasing needs with internal customers.
• Drive the development and implementation of a structured procurement “Way of Working” process framework including material portfolio analysis, market and cost analysis, risk management, supplier selection & evaluation methodology, and supplier development.
• Liaise with PR affiliates to leverage procurement synergies, participate in regional & global tenders, and share best practices
• Support the annual budgeting process by providing proposed standard costs for materials and services based on tenders, commodity market conditions, volumes, MOQ’s and PAF adjustments in full and on time.
• Monitor and report on Purchase Price variances against standard costs and look for ways to mitigate negative impacts.
• Supplier Selection & Development – Establish and maintain reliable sources and partners for materials, services, and information through robust vendor selection and monitoring processes
• Promote and effectively manage an optimum supply base to facilitate competitive sourcing, while ensuring material performance, costs, quality, and service optimization.
• Manage the PRW USA supply base through regular supplier evaluation and identifying quality improvement initiatives to ensure total support of operational requirements (i.e. Ensure a consistent supply of raw materials services at established specifications and costs).
• KPIs – Support the internal and external communication of various reporting requirements including local/regional metrics, and PRW Headquarters & PR Holding requirements.
• Establish and manage purchasing policies and procedures covering the relevance, content, documentation, communication, and timeliness of all purchasing activities. Train all applicable staff on established purchasing procedures.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable standards including Pernod Ricard governing principles, ISO compliance, and CSR compliance.
• Foster a result driven Supply Chain through collaborative teamwork and the demonstration of the Pernod Ricard core values.
New Product Development + Value Engineering 20%
• Identify and develop Value Engineering pipeline to support PRW USA annual COGs initiatives.
• Collaborate with stakeholders and support all NPD projects to manage packaging changes and new product launches.
Materials-Supply planning 20%
• Directly communicate annual material forecasts to suppliers and provide updates that reflect immediate and long term GDS changes
• Report on achievement of KPIs relating to: Supplier performance, slow moving and obsolete dry goods stock, and PPV.
• Support Packaging Operations with the execution of cycle counts and year end physical inventory activities
• Investigate and correct discrepancies found between physical inventory counts and system accounting records
• Monitor and control inventories maintained at third party locations
• As an intrinsic part of the Supply Chain team, support all reporting requirements, Data maintenance in ERP/MRP system, bill of materials creation and other support tasks.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
• Proficiency ERP/MRP software.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Strong Power point skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• 3+ years of successful experience in Supply Chain and/or manufacturing operations including: procurement, inventory control, supplier management, materials management, or distribution and logistics
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills; able to self-manage priorities, workflow and meet tight deadlines
• Team player with ability to negotiate with intra/inter organizational cross-functional teams.
• Flexibility to work in multiple locations and in a hot spot capacity.
• Business experience in wine industry
• Knowledge of State & Federal compliance regulation as it relates to label requirements and registration
• Advanced data analytic tools like Access, Power BI, Hubble.
• Technical background
• Experience in commodities.
• Proficiency in E1 JD Edwards.
• Some out of hours work may be required;
• Intra/Interstate & international travel as required;
• Current driver’s license.