The Associate Brand Manager works in collaboration with Brand Mangers/Directors to champion a portfolio of brands in the marketplace by developing, executing and supporting strategic and annual brand plans that enable Delicato Sales and Trade partners to meet distribution and depletion objectives within the overall brand strategy. The Associate Brand Manager will collaborate closely with Sales, Strategic Insights, Finance, Operations and Winemaking to implement plans to meet Delicato & rsquo;s annual and long-term financial goals.
• Supports Managers/Directors by leading aspects of the marketing mix including product positioning, packaging, content and POS development, promotion, tracking of pricing actions, and trade and consumer communication
• Executes integrated 360 promotions that engage media, consumer, distributors and retail partners
• Manages web and social while staying abreast of changing target consumer behavior in digital channels; executes dynamic campaigns that integrate with the overall brand communication strategies and identifies/tracks KPIs
• Collaborates with PR, Digital, Trade Marketing, Creative Services and Promotions in key initiatives to support annual 360 brand plan tactics and to support approved brand strategies
• Supports management of outside agencies, their budgets, reporting documents and timelines
• Analyzes and reports on monthly shipments, depletions, velocity and channel mix; administers responsive marketing strategies and tools to drive optimized results by selling channel
• Supports Manager/Director on annual development of strategic brand plan by analyzing product, category, consumer, and competitive market dynamics that ensure long-term brand growth
• Performs on-going financial and brand analysis, including recommending products, pricing, and channel strategies
• Manages day to day execution of line extensions and package changes across Operations, Winemaking and Sales
• Plans, manages and spends against brand merchandising budgets to create P.O.S that effectively and efficiently execute key brand strategies, and manage spend within budget of key initiatives
• Maintains annual promotional calendar, brand standards and annual plans with clear brand positioning and execution guidelines
• Participates in S&OP planning and notifies Operations and Supply Chain on market conditions and trends to maintain optimal supply
• Supports development of content and assets such as copy, digital content, POS, photography and website
• Partners with Trade Marketing to develop chain or regional specific programming to drive channel sales
• Executes rotating functions shared by the Assistant and Associate Brand Managers
• Develops and executes department administration projects and tasks as assigned by the VP Marketing or Marketing Directors
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field. MBA preferred. Minimum of 2+ years marketing and related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, creative, and organizational skills demonstrated by the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Ability to act as a brand leader to internal and external constituents
• Strong written, verbal, and large group presentation skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and to take initiative
• High energy with an entrepreneurial drive to succeed
• A passion for wine and the industry
Certificates and Licenses
Office Environment. Some travel required including event activation.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.