Competitive salary dependent on experience plus excellent benefits and staff wine allowance.
About the role
We have an opportunity for an European Winemaker to join our team at our Accolade Park site close to the M5 near Bristol.
Responsible for wine quality and stylistic direction for all European and Californian import programs, comprising 30 million litres, £20m value. (Echo Falls, Turner Road, Da Luca, Jack Rabbit, Mezzomondo and Stowells) Working with regional winemakers in South Africa, Chile, NZ and Australia responsible for assessing and communicating issues of quality and style, a key stakeholder in our end to end continuous improvement program.
To establish and drive improvement ideas and discussions for all wines packaged and stored at Accolade Park. Responsible and accountable for the introduction, efficiencies and overall performance of the winemaking quality supply at Accolade Park.
Responsible for maintaining and producing wines that comply with regulatory requirements. Travel to other countries may be necessary
About the location
Accolade Park is the largest bottling plant in the Northern Hemisphere. In 2018 we are delighted to be the Winners of the Manufacturer of the Year award at The Manufacturer MX Awards. Over 500 of our 1700 staff across the world are based here, and enjoy the benefits of a fantastic onsite subsidised canteen, gym, exercise classes, staff wine shop and free parking. In addition there is a bus service from Bristol City Centre and St Andrews train station is nearby.
About Accolade Wines
Drawing on our proud heritage as one of the first wineries established in Australia, Accolade Wines has evolved into a global wine company with some of the world’s best known brands sold in over 140 countries and have more than 1,700 talented employees in 19 countries. Today our portfolio comprises of more than 35 wineries and brands from premium regions in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Chile and California. This breadth makes us one of the world’s leading providers of New World premium, commercial and value wines. In the UK our most popular and market leading brands are Hardy’s, Kumala and Echo Falls. Visit our Echo Falls Instagram page to see our latest social media campaigns http://instagram.com/echo_falls
About the role – Key Accountabilities
Wine Quality, Improvement and Efficiencies
• Monitor on-going quality and style of all branded wines and communication with Global Wine Director and global winemakers across the group and suppliers. This includes wines packed at Accolade Park and at source in other countries
• Work with the GM of Bulk Sourcing and SA Operations and the Wine Supply Manager to ensure vintage roll of European and Californian sourced wines are achieved in a timely manner, ensuring quality and styles are maintained and to meet desired COGs.
Wine Regulatory Compliance
• Working with the Compliance Team and responsible for communication with winemakers and suppliers across the global supply base to ensure wines comply with regulatory standards and requirements.
• Work with key personnel across the global group to engender and assist implementation of best practice and continuous improvement in wine supplier approval and management.
Wine Supplier Relationships
• Working with European and USA suppliers to maintain effective communication and good working relationships for the short and long term stability of wine supply, quality and style.
Developing wine skill set
• Initiate and provide wine sensory courses as required to enhance the skill set and confidence in key Operations and Commercial personnel.
• University degree in Winemaking
• Fundamental understanding of the end to end supply chain.
• Demonstrable experience of working within an international organisation with international reach and communication requirements.
• Adequate working knowledge of the day to day quality and food safety systems according to BRC, HACCAP, ISO9000, ISO14000, AS4801 would be considered advantageous.
• A minimum of 10 years winemaking experience, including international exposure.
• A valid passport
About the offer
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, retail discounts, First Bus discounts, a staff wine allowance and even a free pass to Bristol Zoo.
If this sounds like your next role please click on the apply button.
Like to see our fabulous bottling site and find out more about our products – then click on the video http://www.accolade-wines.com/our-company/production/