The Facilities Maintenance & Operations Administrator is responsible for providing administrative assistance to the Director of Facilities Maintenance and Operations and the Operations Department team, in close collaboration with the Managers and Directors of other departments (“customers”). This position is responsible for assisting the Operations Director in a variety of operational capacities.
• Assists with scheduling, prioritizing and communicating of maintenance tasks related to the customers of the Operations Department and the Op’s team members.
• Assist the Director of Operations with departmental accounting duties such as budget preparation and management, AP, AR and cost coding for both periodical maintenance and capital project development.
• Provide purchasing and management of tools, equipment, parts, and office supplies for the department.
• Assists in preparing and implementing departmental calendared events such as safety training’s, morale incentives, inter-departmental meetings, etc.
• Interacts with vendors and contractors to schedule, qualify, and support them administratively during maintenance and project development activities.
• Provides support to the Operations Department staff, such as assisting with regulatory, compliance, environmental and safety initiatives; helps to develop on-line programs and tools to track labor, budgets, and functions within the department; and assists staff with day-to-day needs outside their routines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Listed below are the desired knowledge, skills, and/or abilities.
• High School diploma or equivalent. College degree or some college preferred.
• Valid CA Driver’s License and Clean DMV Record.
• 5+ years providing administrative support, preferably within a company or department managing capital construction projects and/or maintenance tasks.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Proficiency in PC based programs such as Excel, Word, and Power Point.
• Excellent written and verbal language skills.
• Spanish Language skills a plus.
• Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and work within a budget.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Possesses collaborative problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Independent thinker w/ ability to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload.
• Works and communicates effectively and professionally in a cross-functional team environment with some supervision. Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to listen thoughtfully and provide logical and mature guidance.
• Ability to read and understand architectural and engineering diagrams a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods while utilizing a PC and performing other office-based tasks.
• Coordinate multiple concurrent tasks.
• Travel to multiple facilities in Napa and Sonoma Counties on occasion.
Competitive salary and exciting benefits including 401K with match, generous paid time off, comprehensive benefits package, employee education program, employee discounts and a few other perks.