ONX Wines is seeking an experienced Tasting Room Manager who has the ability and drive to organize and run a successful tasting room based DTC business and manage a staff that is eager to learn and grow.
This position is based in our Tin City facility, reporting to the Director of Operations.
The Tasting Room Manager will be responsible for overseeing all Direct to Consumer (DTC) customer experiences in the tasting room and ensuring that all expected quality standards are maintained. This will include managing and utilizing a small hospitality staff, maintaining schedules across multiple experiences and locations, working with our Wine Club Manager to maintain and manage inventory, developing DTC budgets and sales goals, and working with the Marketing Manager to organize and execute in-house events.
Responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
• Overseeing all customer experiences, including tasting room visits, reserve/library tastings, day-in-the-life events, winemaker events, sensory experiences, blending seminars, as well as any other experiences that may be created
• Develop new interactive guest experiences
• Manage and utilize the tasting room staff, including coordinating employee scheduling and training in order to execute all required departmental functions
• Maintain all hospitality SOP’s and training manuals
• Manage cleanliness and appearance of all hospitality areas
• Manage inventory and resupply of all hospitality needs, including wine, merchandise, food used for hospitality service, and office supply needs
• Write yearly hospitality budget and goals, and monitor performance against those metrics
• Track sales performance on a weekly and monthly basis for both the team and individual members
• In conjunction with in-house Marketing Manager, manage and design collateral for hospitality use
• Assist Innkeeper with concierge services as needed in order to ensure seamless service for our guests
• Coordinate and work with in-house Club and Marketing Managers to plan and execute facility-based club and promotional events
• Other duties as assigned
1. Requirements: Must be at least 21 years of age, ability to lift 50 lbs.
Must have or acquire Managers Food Handlers certificate within the first 30 days of employment
Be able to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
Experience with Vin65 and ShipComplaint preferred
Be proficient in Microsoft office programs
Possess excellent communication and writing skills
Position requires working weekends and holiday hours
2. Annual Bonus: Dependent on company performance & personal accomplishments
3. Health Insurance: 100% paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for employee
4. 401K: Enrollment after 90 days, company match 25% of first 6%
5. Paid Time off: 10 PTO days per year accrued at a rate of 0.385/hrs. per payroll period.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
ONX Winery, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
2910 Limestone Way
Paso Robles, CA 93446
or email to: email@example.com