Precept Wine is the largest privately owned wine company in the Northwest. We’re seamlessly integrated to run our own vineyards, wineries and world-class tasting rooms. Currently, we are seeking the best and brightest to fill an immediate opening for a Brand Manager in our Seattle office.
The Brand Manager is responsible for the development of market driven strategic initiatives that deliver on Precept’s growth and profit objectives, as well as the creation and implementation of brand positioning and programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Developing and executing the strategic planning process among multiple nationally distributed wine brands
• Analyzing market, channel and category trends/opportunities and developing strategic performance enhancing recommendations
• Determining brand focus areas through competitive set research and data, i.e. AC Nielsen, industry studies and trade publications
• Monitoring brand performance and identifying new growth opportunities across all channels of distribution (on and off premise, direct-to-consumer)
• Presenting annual brand plans, line extensions and launch strategies through clear and consistent communication
• Partnering with multiple cross-functional teams (sales, production, winemaking, etc.) to provide strategic input towards product development
• Reviewing and managing production forecasts, inventory, pricing, COGS and GP with Finance and Sales team
• Analyzing effectiveness of pricing, programs and brand performance to present and share with key executive stakeholders
• Developing and managing supporting marketing programs and tools, including robust calendar of activities, displays and collateral, point-of-sale and brand standards
• Managing key brand deliverables and digital assets, including package development, selling tools, technical specifications and vintage specific information
• Managing and developing cross-promotional partner relationships and outside vendors in line with brand objectives
• Developing and managing budgets to effectively and efficiently execute key brand strategies
• Ensuring compliance with all legal regulations and company policies and procedures
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
• Three - Five plus years of consumer products brand marketing experience, luxury goods or wine / beverage experience preferred
• Sales and Beverage Distributor Experience preferred
• Demonstrated analytical skills and experience in forecasting and marketing research
• Proven track record designing and integrating marketing strategy and consumer brand positioning into product, promotions, media, public relations, branding and merchandising
• Ability to execute effective project management skills within designated budgets and timelines
• Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and to think creatively and strategically
• Willingness to travel as required
The applicant must be flexible, professional, highly motivated, and must be able to manage multiple responsibilities and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
For consideration, please include your resume when replying to this posting.
Precept Wine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.