Schedule, plan and execute Trade and VIP visits to Jackson Family Wines Oregon properties (Gran Moraine, Penner-Ash, WillaKenzie and Zena Crown Vineyard). Increase sales volume of brand loyal customers by offering exceptional hospitality alongside knowledge of the vineyards, enterprise, individual wine estates and wines of the world.
• Develop and execute customizable wine tour experiences for our customers, particularly trade and distributors. Host strategic trade guests on vineyard tours and tastings at JFW properties.
• Ensure each guest experience is delivered with an emphasis on hospitality and "edutainment" - tailoring approach and dialogue to match guests' knowledge level and expectation.
• Initiate pre-visit contact with guest to confirm details of their visit (when appropriate), proactively collect information and note in appointment calendar.
• Report on results of visits -wines purchased, recommended next steps for program improvement, value added service to guests. Send follow up to associated salesperson.
• Take initiative for self-development in the areas of our wines, our brands, general hospitality, wines of the world and American marketplace, and sales techniques and acumen.
• Participate in company-sponsored wine educational and development opportunities.
• Pre-visit planning- initial contact with Hospitality coordinator to confirm details of their visit (when appropriate), proactively collect information and note in appointment calendar.
• Effectively partner with the JFW Hospitality team and Tasting Room Teams in planning and executing events. Day of execution to be handled by Trade Host
• Represent winery at outside functions as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Flexible schedule with weekend and evening availability as needed depending on scheduled visits.
• Comprehensive understanding of, and a passion for, wine and food. Ability to communicate wine knowledge to all levels of experience and understanding
• Highly adaptable personality to a wide variety of situations.
• Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
• Three years experience in in sales, customer service/hospitality with a knowledge of effective luxury product presentation skills.
• Proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with diverse client group.
• Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
• Flexibility is a key component, able to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Fluent in English with strong verbal skills
• Able to be self-motivated and work independently to achieve goals and deadlines
• Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience, basic to intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel preferred. Strong writing skills a plus
• Completion of high school diploma or GED; two to four year college degree preferred.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Ability to lift and move 40 pounds repeatedly.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.