Under general supervision, the Maintenance Technician - Journey performs a variety of specialized work in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, Ammonia Refrigeration, and/or Electrical. This position performs highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment in accordance with proper safety procedures and industry best practices.
• Installs and maintains diverse HVAC, Ammonia Refrigeration, and/or Electrical Systems
• Performs general and preventative maintenance on all compressors and HVAC systems, change filters and replaces any parts as they wear out
• Ensures calibration of thermostats, RTDs, and other controls
• Performs mechanical and electrical checks on motors and belts and handles lubrication duties
• Maintains and repairs HVAC, Ammonia Refrigeration, and/or Electrical systems at multiple DFV locations
• Reads wiring schematics and diagrams for all equipment.
• Performs diagnostics and determines root cause pertaining to malfunctions on HVAC, Ammonia
• Refrigeration, and/or Electrical systems
• Responds to emergency situations in order to resolve issues on an immediate basis
• Replaces faulty or expired parts
Provides critical support of production schedules ensuring that customer delivery commitments are met
• Inspects designated buildings, refrigeration plants, and electrical control systems to determine need for maintenance and repair
• Detects malfunctions and creates and implements plans to resolve them
• Handles troubleshooting and repairing systems across a broad spectrum of facilities
Education and Experience
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent required; AA/AS degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus
Completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience; Winery experience is preferred.
7 years & rsquo; experience in specialized field of knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Understands basic refrigeration cycle to include: identifying components in refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and troubleshooting. Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging.
• Possess very in-depth knowledge and understanding of all components and theory of operation
• Understands basic electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read basic wiring diagrams. Understanding of Ohms Law. Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values. Must be able to troubleshoot basic electrical circuits.
• Understands basic heating cycle to include: identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot.
• Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
• Physics - Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid and material dynamics, as well as mechanical
Certificates and Licenses
• HVAC certified with certificate or
• RETA Training and/or CIRO Certified
• Welding Certifications a plus
Constant exposure to the elements and temperature variation working both indoors and outdoors and at heights up to 45 feet. Some work areas require ear and eye protection. Exposure to standard maintenance material including batteries, lubricating fluids, paints, solvents, etc. This position is on a rotating shift schedule.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.