WHO WE ARE:
Ca’ Momi is the love child of three passionate Italian business partners & co-owners. Their mission is to share their Italian heritage & bring community, friends & family together around the table. Ca’ Momi calls what they do “heartcrafted”, because that’s how they work: with passion, integrity, & authenticity. They honor the values of an earlier time, from local & organic ingredient sourcing, VPN/APN-certified Neapolitan pizzas, house-made traditional foods, to zero-pretension wines, & all-natural craft spirits. They dream big & are working to build a heart-centered community where everyone has a sense of purpose, belonging, & possibility.
Eat. Drink. Be. Authentic.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the operation, safety, and repair of winery equipment. Under minimal supervision, the position performs a wide variety of skilled mechanical and electrical duties to include installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and modification of bottling lines, production equipment and other winery property at our headquarters in Napa, CA.
• Report all parts used and needed for reordering, support spare part inventory tracking
• Perform necessary change-over of the bottling line machinery and equipment in a timely manner and oversees start-up after changeover. (Experience with Bag in Box equipment a plus.)
• Replace, repair and troubleshoot machinery and equipment needed to keep the bottling line, conveyors, production machinery, storage area up and running
• Assembly, installation and upkeep of electrical and mechanical systems
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and maintain related records
• Follow and/or help create maintenance SOPs
• Ensure compliance with safety (including all OSHA) and regulatory standards
• Assist with general winery (including office) maintenance as needed
• Communicate effectively to supervisors, line workers, cellar crew, Quality Assurance (QA), senior management, and co-workers
• An understanding of all bottling line machinery, controls and ability to rebuild winery pumps
• Must have mechanical / electrical troubleshooting skills, as well as organization and analytical skills
• Knowledge of basic industrial electricity, 110v, 220v, and 480v three phase
• Familiar with repairs on all aspects of bottling (including labeling, corkier, screw cap and rinser, etc.)
• Must be able to work independently of direct supervision
• Knowledge in Compressors, Dryers, Boiler Systems, and PLC’s.
• Welding skills must include stainless and aluminum
• The goal of this position is to maintain the bottling equipment, help optimize throughput and produce quality products.
• Forklift experience (must be able to be certified)
• Must be able to speak, read and write English. Spanish speaking a big plus.
• Must be able to follow, observe and enforce all safety rules and regulations
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders, bend, lift, twist, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, push, carry, grasp, reach and stoop as needed, all for extended periods.
• Must be able to work overtime or longer hours as workflow dictates
• Ability to respond quickly to requests and adjust to production schedules, etc.
• Ability to occasionally lift and carry heavy items, up to 60 lbs.
• Previous winery maintenance experience highly desirable
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, swing or graveyard shifts and extended hours as business dictates
Will work near moving mechanical parts.
• Work environment can range from hot, damp, dry and cold, depending on the time of year
• Noise level is generally moderate to loud, proper safety equipment and PPE required