Must be 21 years or older, and able to lift 50 pounds without difficulty. Candidate must be able to stand and walk continuously during hours of operation; able to stock wine and other merchandise. Weekends a must and some holidays. Candidate must be pleasant, outgoing and customer service oriented.
We are looking for an experienced tasting room associate who can work a minimum of 30 hours per week including both SATURDAY and SUNDAY.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Describe wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answer visitor’s questions.
• Effectively suggest and sell wine to customers.
• Promote wine club
• Act as an informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, wine
vintages, availability of products, and brand awards and accolades
• Operate cash registers / POS System and credit card terminals accurately and efficiently
• Conduct guided tours as needed.
• Washing and polishing glassware for Tasting Room.
• Break down & recycle cardboard and glass.
• Maintain cleanliness of tasting room, and all other customer related areas of the winery.
• Assist with answering of the phones.
• Restock gift items and wines as needed
o Periodically work at both on- and off-site events and tastings as needed
o Support in maintaining Ship Compliant portal up to date (licenses, registrations, products, labels, etc.)
o Provide administrative support for the tasting room
o Monitoring and maintenance of marketing materials and non-wine items
o Document customer service policies and procedures for the Retail Department
o Marketing and Wholesale project support as necessary
• Enthusiasm and passion for wine and gets along well with others, non confrontational
• Proven ability to effectively communicate with diverse client group.
• Extensive knowledge of wines and wine production preferred.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Must be able to work weekends.
• Fluent in English.
• Must be at least 21 years old.