At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America's second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America's most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
The Technical Trainer is responsible for creating, updating, improving and implementing technical training programs from start to finish at the Wine Group, in many areas related to winery and vineyard operations, including: Technical Operations, troubleshooting of winery/vineyard equipment, and OSHA/CAL OSHA Safety, forklift training and certification. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of solid mechanical and most importantly electrical experience/ knowledge in a manufacturing/production environment, with some experience (2+ years ideally) developing content and/or conducting training on these topics. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint). Master Electrician certification preferred but not required. This position is highly impactful and interactive with a large amount of TWG's employees, and this person will have a hand in growing the technical careers of many eager employees!
* Develop and execute technical training across all Operations teams, specifically lock out/tag out, electrical troubleshooting and programmable logic controller (PLC)
* Ensure all site technical training needs are evaluated and compliance requirements are met.
* Create annual Master Training Calendars with planned training days for all facilities/vineyards, including scheduling OSHA Required Annual Trainings such as: Lock out/Tag out, Arc Flash and Forklift/Aerial Lift, as well as optional trainings offered in a manner that ensures compliance with all training requirements applicable to TWG and individual company sites.
* Deliver/teach applicable training programs for both union and non-union employee groups.
* Proactively update training content based on new/updated laws, rules, regulations and best practices and consistently confirm those updates with TWG's Environmental, Health, Safety and Security Department before updating training as required.
* Ensure that all OSHA Training is consistently executed and correctly learned by employees from winery to winery and vineyard to vineyard.
* Collaborate with appropriate department leaders at all TWG facilities to get OSHA required trainings scheduled and timely completed for approximately 650 Operations employees.
* Create, maintain and continually improve all training materials, including PowerPoint slides and required manuals.
* Create optional training opportunities each quarter for to make sure it meets the training needs required. Make necessary adjustment to Master Training Calendar.
* Responsible for all training program logistics, including manager communications, invitations and locations
* Responsible for all required documentation and participant tracking.
* Provide sign-up sheets prior to training and coordinate with each departments and facility to confirm participants, ensure that all participants sign in and properly enter information regarding courses and participants in the company's preferred tracking systems.
* Track completed training workshops in software program.
* This job description reflects management's assignment of general functions; it does not restrict or limit the tasks that may be assigned to the role.
* Curriculum Developer:  Skilled developer with experience in a manufacturing or production environment; experience with mechanical equipment, basic electrical, and basic PLC (programmable logic controller); comfortable operating in a non-traditional, fast paced environment.
* Effective Trainer: A talented trainer with the ability to understand student aptitude and abilities and to use this understanding to create specialized training for a workforce made up of employees at various levels of education and experience.
* Creative Leader: Must possess the strategy and vision to create and implement a technical training program which will excite employees; create incentives to encourage employment engagement with the program; ability to manage trainees.
* 5+ years of experience with mechanical equipment, electrical, and basic PLC (programmable logic controller) required, Master Mechanic or Master Electrician preferred but not required.
* 2+ years of professional experience in training, education and/or organizational development activities preferred
* Knowledge of various adult learning styles and group dynamics
* Comfortable operating in a non-traditional, fast paced environment
* Ability to serve as a senior trainer providing guidance / supervision and instruction to other trainers, particularly relating to electrical troubleshooting
* Demonstrated leadership skills, including but not limited to: team building, change management, conflict resolution, accepting and delivering feedback, and accountability.
* Desire to learn, grow and to teach others.
* Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines.
* Strong knowledge of production/manufacturing/maintenance operations.
* Strong mechanical aptitude with desire to continue to learn.
* Desire to stay current with changes in procedures and techniques.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to determine the root cause of a problem.
* Ability to apply principles of logic c