Miner Family Winery
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative is often the first point of contact for clientele reaching out to Miner Family Winery. It is the duty of the Customer Service Representative to provide exceptional service to all who have correspondence with Miner Family Winery; including customer service, order processing, reservations, and wine club assistance. Directly assisting customers with day-to-day tasks, as well as referring more complex issues to the appropriate staff: this is a customer facing role that is the first (and in many cases, only) point of contact with those outside of the company; therefore, it plays a key role in managing Miner Family Winery’s reputation within the community and requires excellent communication and customer service skills.
Tasting Room Manager
Tuesday - Saturday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Sunday, Monday, and overtime, when necessary)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Answering and directing incoming phone calls
• Assisting guests with reservations at the winery, as well as facilitation of other guest necessities while in the valley (dining, hotels, other wineries)
• Accurately processing phone/web/email orders
• Monitoring and responding to customer correspondence via email
• Educating customers about the different products we offer (varietals, vintages, sizes)
• Customer profile maintenance (notes, customer type, contact information)
• Customer outreach
• Occasionally assist with special events
• Provide administrative support for, as well as general assistance, for the tasting room staff
• Outreach liaison to other local winery and community partners/vendors
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
• eCellar, CRM/POS experience preferred
• Google Apps (Calendar, Docs, Sheets)
• Shipping basics (FedEx)
• Must have the ability to effectively communicate on a professional level; including the ability to read, write and verbally communicate with all customers and winery departments
• Strong attention to detail
• Knowledge and understanding of phone etiquette
• Wine experience preferred
General Performance Standards:
• Job Commitment – Show initiative in willingly accepting responsibility, perform expected and unexpected tasks, demonstrate tenacity in completing tasks, willingly exert extra effort when necessary to get the job done without being directed to do so
• Attendance and Punctuality – show daily ability to be at work at scheduled time, be prepared to work on time after breaks, meal periods and other authorized absences from work
• Decision-Making and Judgment – Gather relevant data, set clear objectives, evaluate alternatives, make timely decisions, commit to courses of action, use sound judgment in reaching decisions
Miner Family Winery Overview
Miner Family Winery is a dynamic family owned winery tucked into the eastern hills of the Oakville appellation, squarely within the heart of Napa Valley. Founded in 1998 by Dave & Emily Miner, Miner is defined first and foremost by a sensational portfolio of wines, wines consistently characterized by and committed to individualistic style and uncommon quality.
We at Miner Family Winery feel strongly that the company’s biggest assets are our employees. We expect a great deal from employees, but in return we also do our best to provide our people with a rewarding work experience. It is through our combined efforts and teamwork that we have been able to make this company successful and a source of real pride for all of us who work here.
Our goal is to leave a positive, lasting impression with the customers who choose to do business with us. We accomplish this through caring and professional employees who strive to provide exceptional customer service by not only meeting but exceeding our customers expectations in every way possible. By providing excellent quality customer service, many of our customers will choose Miner Family Winery again and again and will recommend us to others.