The Event Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of corporate, wine club, philanthropic and private events, along with the design of the marketing and sales strategies to attract attendees, sell wine and increase revenue. Responsible for producing 30-40 events a year, the Event Manager manages all pre-event, day of, and post-event activities. The Event Manager oversees staff working events and external vendors, including rental companies, caterers, musicians, and lighting teams. He or she also participates on the Tolosa management team. As an advocate and ambassador of Tolosa, the Event Manager understands the critical role that special events play with regard to brand awareness, member loyalty and the financial success of the winery.
• Manage all aspects of event planning, logistics and execution of winery events (including local off-site events).
• Collaborate with Wine Club and Tasting Room management to determine event needs and coordinate event timing/schedules and staff availability
• Event Planning: Develop an annual event calendar with strategies and plans for each event including schedules, staffing, catering, entertainment, rentals, wines, logistics, creative vision, budgets, sales strategies and marketing activities required to promote the event.
• Audience Acquisition: Develop marketing copy and implement tools to generate awareness, ticket sales and event attendees, including web site, ticketing pages, email blasts, print mailers, social media posts, social media ads, tasting room slide shows, tent cards, and external event listings.
• Logistics and Onsite Execution: Responsible for seamless execution and production of the events, including set up and tear down. Acts as primary point of contact for event staff, vendors and guests. Ensure a smooth and delightful guest experience from check in through check out.
• Event Reporting: Manage all post-event billing and reporting. Track and evaluate event success metrics. Share recap/ROI reports with winery GM.
• Generate additional revenue through private event bookings and management. Manage contracts, coordinate with vendors, and act as the primary contact for private event hosts. Issue invoices and ensure timely payment on private event rentals, wine and coordination.
• Manage other Tolosa/Phase 2 company functions as needed, such as industry parties, holiday party, company BBQs, partner meeting, company meeting, etc.
Required Physical Abilities, Training/Education, Skills or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing preferred.
• Minimum of five years of experience in event marketing and management.
• A successful track record of simultaneously leading multiple projects and events, from vision/strategy development to hands-on execution.
• Creative, out of the box thinker with the ability to turn innovative ideas into successful and memorable events.
• Customer-centric focus with keen eye toward creating an exceptional customer experience.
• Strategic marketing experience that goes beyond event operations/production, and includes strong understanding or marketing communications, campaigns, event messaging, product and corporate content, and customer experience.
• Seasoned people manager with at least 5+ years of management experience.
• Strong project management, financial management (of events) and organizational skills.
• High-energy leader with ability to thrive in fast-paced environment, where agility, flexibility, and impeccable attention to detail are critical.
• Superb organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; copywriting experience a plus.
• Excellent computer skills, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and event planning/ticking programs, such as AllSeated, Eventbrite, and Brown Paper Tickets.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed for events.
Full-time or possibly part-time position