Based in the Napa Valley, Crimson Wine Group crafts benchmark wines from exceptional vineyards in premier wine-growing regions throughout the U.S. Crimson owns and manages approximately 1,000 acres of plantable vineyard land across six distinct regions. Crimson’s diverse collection of exceptional domestic estates and wine brands includes Pine Ridge Vineyards (Napa, California), Seghesio Family Vineyards (Healdsburg, California), Archery Summit (Dayton, Ore.), Chamisal Vineyards (San Luis Obispo, California), Double Canyon (West Richland, Washington.), Seven Hills Winery (Walla Walla, Washington.) and Malene Wines (Santa Barbara County, California).
The Wholesale Customer Service/Order Entry is responsible for managing and facilitating the wholesale order process including input, confirmation, follow up and customer service. This position is the primary contact for our distributors, sales team and the warehouse(s) personnel where our products are shipped from.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons.
• Correspond with customers (distributors) and sales force regarding orders, pricing and product availability and limited release products.
• Assist warehouse(s) CSR with product and/or logistics issues as the primary source of guidance.
• Prioritize daily tasks and projects to meet department needs and deadlines.
• Perform in a fast pace environment using team building skills to handle peak shipping periods and deadlines.
• Review purchase orders for inventory availability/quantity, accuracy of item vintage, pricing, payment terms, ship-to and bill-to address accuracy and shipping/carrier assignment.
• Enter domestic wholesale orders; verifying pricing, free goods and SPAS’s as applicable.
• Ensure order acknowledgement via confirmation with distributor and warehouse.
• Provide all necessary documentation and special label requirements to warehouse as applicable.
• Create and distribute daily order reports to specific company management personnel.
• Maintain work area and electronic customer files in Outlook in an orderly fashion.
Vintage Transition/Distributor Item Setup:
• Using Vintage Transition analysis, NAV and Biagi’s portal, ensure seamless vintage transitions within order entry process.
• Input all new wines/vintages in SGWS NIR (New Item Register) and VIP Catalog (effective 1-20-20).
• Input all new wines in RNDC SNIR (Supplier New Item Register) using multiple sources for data collection (Compliance, Marketing and Item specific data).
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• 3-5 years experience in wine industry with an emphasis on customer service and logistics.
• Provide superior customer service, exceptional written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
• Highly organized, accurate, attention to detail and ability to follow through is essential.
• Computer proficiency at an advanced level: Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe; MS Navision (NAV) a plus.
• Strong analytical skills, problem solving, good judgment, and confidence to question status quo to improve controls and processes.
• Experience working with freight forwarders, consolidators, and transportation firms a plus.
• Must be a person of high integrity, commitment and possess a strong work ethic.
• Must be able to work independently and with little supervision.
• Flexible team player with the ability to interact effectively with other departments as well as outside customers and distributors.