Best Bottles, a popular and innovative boutique wine and spirits shop on Manhattan's Upper West Side, is looking for a full-time sales associate.
Candidates should have a solid base knowledge of wine and spirits, and a strong desire to expand that base every day. Candidates should also have an enthusiasm for sharing their knowledge with others. This position provides an excellent opportunity to advance your exposure to, and knowledge of, the world of wine and spirits.
We are seeking an energetic individual who is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced retail environment. You’ll be on the front line of service, providing a tailored shopping experience aimed at cultivating repeat customers. The ability to multi-task is important, and you’ll be encouraged to further develop your expertise & palate through regular tastings.
• Engaging customers and assisting them in their wine and spirits selections
• Cultivating new customers and strengthening existing relationships
• Fulfilling orders (telephone, online and in-store) and assisting in inventory management
• Taking part in the tasting and evaluation of new wines and spirits for the store
• Communicating and supporting Best Bottles' marketing and sales initiatives
Who you are:
• Personable, reliable, and a team player
• Hard-working and self-motivated, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
• A good communicator
• Organized and detail-oriented, with strong computer skills
• Available to work nights, weekends & holidays (a must)
*. Able to pick up and move (40 lb) cases of wine
• Experienced in retail wine sales (preferred, but not required)
This position is full-time. Pay is hourly. Benefits include generous wine discounts and daily wine tastings. If interested, please contact:
General Manager, Best Bottles NYC