Job Description: Red Tail Ridge Winery is currently seeking candidates to fill a full-time, non-seasonal position to oversee all of the winery’s day-to-day hospitality and customer relations activities. Primary job responsibilities include supervision of the tasting room and staff. The successful candidate will oversee tasting room activities, assist in marketing and execution of on- and off-premise promotional and sales events. The Hospitality Manager will also serve as the winery’s wine club manager and act as the primary point of contact for all club membership communications, and activities. This individual will be responsible for building and strengthening relationships and sales with accounts, customers and club members.
Core responsibilities include:
• Providing leadership to tasting room staff and managing day-to-day tasting room activities to achieve sales goals and grow our customer base.
• Operation, administration and maintenance of all tasting room facilities, as well as related sales, administrative and inventory systems.
• Address customer issues and concerns in a professional and friendly manner.
• Providing appropriate on-the-job training, supervision and mentorship to tasting room staff while performing related personnel activities in a professional and proper manner.
• Serve as winery’s customer relations ambassador and leadership in guest hospitality and tasting experience.
• Ensure that guests are provided with an educational and enjoyable visit and tasting experience.
• Process online orders and assemble wine club runs from start to finish.
• Plan and support events and wine club functions.
• Assist in design and dissemination of sales and promotional marketing materials.
• Provide creative input on winery merchandise and inventory, on-line and on-premise.
• Maintain exceptionally clean and orderly conditions within the tasting room, including shelf stocking, updating tasting sheets, and organizing store merchandise
• Provide leadership and oversight of the tasting room artist exhibition rotation.
• Assist in communicating the winery’s philosophy with various audiences in multiple media formats
Experience and Professional Requirements:
• The successful candidate must have a passion for the wine industry and a willingness to act as an ambassador for Red Tail Ridge, and the Finger Lakes as a growing and vibrant travel destination.
• Must be 21 years or older, with reliable transportation,
• Must be articulate, professional and service-oriented.
• Must have basic computer skills in Microsoft Office and an aptitude to learn new software programs, including wine club and website software.
• Must have strong social skills, and an engaging personality. Must be a “people person”.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including Saturdays, and/or Sundays and holidays.
• Experience with cash management is required.
• Wine education and/or hospitality background are highly desirable
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to lead by example.
• Ability to work well under direction and also independently.
• Self-motivated and able to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time, and able to lift 50 lbs.
Winery Background: We are a 9,000-case family winery on Seneca Lake in the Finger Lakes region of New York State. Red Tail Ridge is a 2019 James Beard semi-finalist for Outstanding Wine, Beer or Spirits Producer. We are the first LEED® Gold certified green winery in NYS. We specialize in cool climate vinifera varieties: Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Blaufränkisch, Dornfelder, Teroldego, Lagrein and Zweigelt. Red Tail Ridge also produces Méthode Champenoise and Pétillant Naturel.