Human Resource Manager
Huneeus Vintners is a leading and progressive wine company producing extraordinary luxury wines. We are seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking HR professional that is experienced and passionate about their role. We work in a highly collaborative and fluid work environment and seek team members that are excited about growth and new ways of working.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in HR with a thorough understanding of HR policy and procedures as well as employment law. This role will involve creating a positive culture though employee orientations, performance management, benefits administration, compensation and employee incentives. It is vital that this manager be someone that easily connects with people, helps employees resolve conflict, problem solve and build team effectiveness. The HR Manager will also be responsible for the management and administration of employee benefits in all company operations as well as ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local Laws. This position will monitor legislation, industry and competitor trends, as well as employee needs.
• An advocate and ambassador for the company vision and values.
• Partners with stakeholders in production, agriculture, office and visitor centers to create a healthy and collaborative team environment.
• Coaches managers and employees on engagement and company policies.
• Helps create an upbeat company culture while maintaining accountability.
• Responsible for the management of all recruitment efforts.
• Reviews and oversees hiring practices and polices including interviewing procedures, pre-employment process and new hire orientation, ensuring company’s compliance with policies and applicable employment laws.
• Creates external job postings.
• Creates offer letters. Processes all new hire paperwork and data enters new hires in ADP.
• Maintains applicant data to comply with AAP and EEO guidelines and completes annual EEO-1 report.
Health and Benefit Administration
• Administers annual benefits enrollment and on-going qualifying events for health and welfare insurance plans, COBRA, and Flexible Spending Account Plans.
• Updates health and welfare plans and yearly enrollments in ADP.
• With health insurance broker, develops all educational and reference materials to communicate health insurance plans and plan changes to employees during open enrollment meetings and to new hires, and to ensure annual benefit enrollment process is timely and smooth.
• Assists employees to resolve complex claims issues.
• Ensures compliance with ERISA and ACA: delivery of annual notices and Summaries of Benefits & Coverage (SBCs) as well as filing the annual Form 5500.
• Administers 401(k) Plan to include education meetings, enrollments, distributions, hardship withdrawals, and loans, and yearly audit.
• Responsible for workers’ compensation claims management.
• Works closely with insurance claim adjuster and injured workers that treatment is approved and completed, to monitor modified duty cases, and to facilitate return to work.
• Participates in claims reviews and provides input on strategy for case closures.
• Coordinates on-site investigator visits.
General HR Support
• Supports reward and recognition system that supports the business objectives, culture and vision.
• Works closely with managers to anticipate needs, provides ready guidance and assistance in human resources and employee relations matter for all employees.
• Administers FMLA/CFRA, medical, pregnancy, workers’ compensation, and personal leaves of absence to include required notices, medical certifications, return to work with or without work modifications, releases from medical providers, and repayment of missed health insurance premiums.
• 5-7 years of Human Resources experience required
• Positive and kind
• Pro-active and self starter
• Curious and a natural team player
• Experience in benefits administration required
• Knowledge of federal, state tax and labor laws
• Strong accuracy and acute attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
• Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
• While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds.
• Walk up and down stairs
• Occasional travel may be necessary
Huneeus Vintners is a dynamic collection of premium wines/wineries. The portfolio includes Quintessa, Faust, Illumination; all produced in Napa Valley; Flowers Vineyard and Winery produced on the extreme Sonoma Coast. Most recently Leviathan, in Napa Valley and Benton-Lane located in the Oregon wine country joined our portfolio. We are singularly focused on producing the highest quality wines and promoting them through a committed distributor network to passionate restaurateurs and retailers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Huneeus Vintners LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.