Family-owned wine company with international holdings seeks experienced Regional Sales Manager for Northeastern U.S., responsible for managing all aspects of our distributed sales in the region, building our relationships and growing our business. The ideal candidate is based in Metro NYC, has regional distribution network management experience, is self-motivated and has exceptional communication, customer service and presentation skills. This position will report to our VP, Sales while maintaining the direction of company culture and vision from the wineries.
Essential Job Functions
• Manage multiple distributor partners across the region, including communicating pricing/programming, annual planning and monthly updates.
• Curate meaningful, measurable market visits to build both distributor and account level relationships.
• Work directly with the distribution network to increase points of distribution with an on-premise focus.
• Exceptional Communication skills, able to command attention and deliver a memorable presentation and communicate progress and challenges to management in a timely fashion.
• Ensure thorough and accurate accounting of sales, programs, and depletion reporting.
• Open new markets and accounts, building our brands for long-term sustainability.
• A team player who is willing to pitch in and work on any winery initiatives.
Other Job Qualifications
• At minimum, 50% annual travel required
• At least 2 years wholesale sales management experience required. Regional or National
• Valid Driver’s License
• College degree
• Exceptional communication, customer service and presentation skills
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 45 lbs
• Drug test required