Business Operations Coordinator
Full Time in Napa, CA
Every winery has a story. Ours just happens to involve clones, cops and Cabernet.
In legendary Napa Valley, John Caldwell is a legend all his own. The original wine industry maverick and the man responsible for “introducing” (some might call it smuggling) the most prized Bordeaux root stock and grapevine clones to California, John helped to revolutionize the foundation of modern winemaking in North America. Just google him.
Today, with the help of their incredible team, John and Joy Caldwell produce 23 different clone- and varietal-specific wines from their 123-acre estate in Napa Valley’s Coombsville appellation. It’s one of the most beautiful places on earth.
We’re passionate, purposeful, fun loving folks who truly connect with each other and our clients and aren’t afraid of a four letter word, after all, it is JFC (John F’ing Caldwell) we’re working alongside. We’re a get it done and do it right kinda place, with stunning wines that sell out within months of release. Are you our kind of people?
We are looking for a curious, bright and meticulous (with a bit of mischief sprinkled in, just not with our numbers we like to keep those on the straight and narrow) Business Operations Coordinator.
This is the perfect role for someone who loves numbers, details, and craves a variety of responsibilities while supporting the growth of a family run vineyard and winery. This role reports directly to the General Manager and works across all facets of the business. We’re a small team, our roles have multiple areas of responsibility, each day is different.
How you’ll make an impact, just to name a few:
- Manage the logistics email inbox. Solving inquiries from our Clients regarding shipping, charges, etc.
- Update inventory in Wine Direct and Vinfillment to ensure proper inventory levels to support sales. Sometimes, this could also mean physically going to the warehouse to pick up inventory.
- Run and distribute weekly revenue and inventory reports for the Caldwell team with actionable insights based on the data.
- Partner with bookkeeper on account receivables and payables, staying on top of receivables. Yes, we like to get paid.
- Coordinate with the vineyard crew, winery team and bookkeeper on custom crush and grape contracts.
- Support the Wine Club Manager on processing our wine club shipment orders five times per year.
- Work with our compliance partners to ensure we are compliant to sell and ship in each state.
- Submit new wine and spirit labels to the TTB.
- Work with Winery team on entering new vintages into WineDirect accurately upon release.
- Secure permits from the County for events, not too many around here but they happen.
- Be the liaison for facilities across the office, vineyard and winery to ensure all is operating smoothly.
- Purchase and organize supplies so we always have what we need on hand in the office.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Curiosity... You yearn to learn and seek out ways to improve yourself and processes.
- Collaboration... You strive to work as a team and solicit input and offer ideas. This role touches all areas of the business
- Accuracy... You love details and can keep them straight when things get chaotic. You won’t stop until the last penny is found.
- Growth... You want to grow and learn different aspects of a family run vineyard and winery
- Fast fingers... You love data entry and get excited when you power through to enter every single item
- Tech Savvy... You are not afraid of Google Apps for Work or trying new technology to create efficiencies.
- Skills... Previous experience using Wine Direct, Vinfillment, and Quickbooks.
- Experience... You’ve done most of this before, you still love what you do and are looking for a place to make an impact.
- Average Strength... You can lift more than 40lbs, yep that’s a case of wine.
The usual stuff:
We offer a terrific benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holiday pay. And not to mention our fabulous wine!
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.