Tasting Room Sales and Hospitality Guru
GEN 7 Wines
Napa Valley, CA
Brookside Winery, established in 1832 by a young French man named Theophile Vache’, was one of California’s oldest wineries. After selling our land, winery and 36 retail tasting rooms in the early 1980s, we are humbled and proud to announce that we opened our Napa tasting room the summer of 2018 guided by our family’s newest generation, Tim Bacino. Learn about our family and Tim's life’s journey of resurrecting our 180 year old family company, GEN7Wines.com
We have been building our dynamic and hardworking hospitality team since August 2018. Five GREAT team members looking to add another star. It has been an incredible journey and one for those special people who will recognize this opportunity and look forward to sharing it with our tasting room guests.
You will need to be comfortable speaking in front of strangers and to convey our rich California history but most importantly be able to invite our guests to join our wine club and take-home wine to share with their friends and family. If you're that super hospitality driven person, this is the home for you.
We are seeking one part-time position that could grow into full time. The compensation plan is simple. Hourly, tips, wine club signups and residual commission.
We are open 7 days a week from 11 to 7pm. Open longer for special events.
• Polite and friendly with strong sales experience. Tasting room experience is recommended but not 100% necessary. I can teach you wine.
• Excellent communicator, takes direction well, can multi-task, a self-starter, and provides excellent service
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and some evenings
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have professional appearance, and can work well in a fast paced environment
• Must have a passion for wine and able to express that passion in your work.
• Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a repeated basis to help stock the tasting and storage room
• Ability to use technology. POS (WineDirect), CRM, Credit Card processing, online scheduling, etc.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Team player.
• Self Motivator. I can't teach self motivation. It's all you.
Responsibilities, Goals and Tasks:
• Creating an amazing Napa Valley experience to all visitors.
• Complete team player who takes ownership of the space and anticipates the needs of our guests and tasting room
• Performs bar duties, including buffing stemware, setting tables for tastings and VIP experiences, restocking shelves, etc
• Excel in wine sales, new wine club memberships, and wine tasting experiences
• Cleanliness, attention to detail, team player, timeliness, kindness, and dependability is critical
Position reports to Owner
Start date: January
Salary: Hourly, tips, wine club signups, commission
How to apply: Don't send me a blind resume'. If you don't take the time to at least visit the tasting room or the website and story, then why would I spend time with your resume and cover letter? Please no phone calls. Holding interviews this coming week.
Contact info: Tim Bacino