In this role, he/she would be responsible for developing and delivering volume and profit goals within the assigned territory. The Sales Manager interacts with distributors to negotiate annual plans, pricing and programming; monitors sales activities & reports; actively calls on key accounts and assists our distributors’ sales teams. This position reports to the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will have established contacts and be able to seamlessly connect with our story and be able to translate this message into a relevant sales platform.
The Sales Manager will assist with all facets of promoting and growing the business as well as representing our vision in the marketplace. The applicant must be willing to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and have an eye for details as well as a strong desire to contribute to the "big picture”. We believe that the more knowledgeable an employee is regarding all aspects of a company, the more effective they are in their position, and the more successful the company can be as a whole.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The number one goal is growing sales and distribution.
Day-to-day activities include but not limited to:
• Manage Distributor: Develop and negotiate annual distributor pricing and programming that deliver the goals. Monitor monthly, quarterly, and annual depletion, distribution and profitability goals and communicate with distributor to make sure we are tracking to goal monthly. Schedule and conduct quarterly distributor business reviews.
• Interface with trade accounts and distributor partners at all levels, educating them and building relationships to facilitate sales and create brand awareness. Work the assigned geographic territories with the distributor and be willing to make cold-calls and pound the pavement to drive new accounts and sales.
• Audit distributor bill-backs to make sure complying with programming and take corrective action if needed.
• Monitor and interpret market data to identify opportunities and competitor strategies and provide insight to distributors and internal team.
• Identify new business opportunities, including key accounts, partnerships, events and promotions.
• Assist with development and execution of sales programs and marketing promotions. Present and clearly communicate programs to distributor sales teams.
• Help develop strategic and tactical plan for achieving goals. Anticipate trends, develop forecasts and budgets and offer recommendations and ideas for expanding sales and distribution.
• Provide accurate and timely information necessary to improve business, including pricing, promotions, sales trends and other competitive activity as well as a reasonable action plan.
• Provide internal team with regular reports such as sales by market, key account performance, market work results, and weekly project updates.
• Visit local businesses to build guests referrals to the winery.
• Pour wine and represent the brand at outside events.
We are looking for a dynamic person with strong sales abilities who can also assist with strategic planning and act as an educator, collaborator, facilitator and ambassador for the brand. Our business is located in Buellton, CA, and the ideal candidate would live within the Central Coast to So Cal. This is an entry-level to mid-manager position with base salary+ commission.