Love wine and love to talk about it? If you have superior guest services skills you could use them at our tasting room.
We are currently seeking candidates for a Full TIME Visitor Center Rep. to join our team at Stag's Leap Wine Cellars in Napa, CA
What will you be doing?
• Act as ambassador for the winery promoting its heritage, goals and guiding principles
• Build new and retain existing ambassadors through customer engagement, customer follow-up and by providing outstanding customer service with all customer interactions
• Provide fine dining and wine service while working closely with the Culinary team when facilitating wine and food pairing experiences
• Coordinate and confirm guest reservation requests, via phone and email in a gracious, timely manner
• General administrative and clerical support as needed
• Achieve or exceed department goals by utilizing strategic selling skills to encourage wine club membership and through assisting customers with purchases
• Conduct informative tasting experiences including guided tours with ability to display and convey knowledge of wine
• Ability to speak confidently and with accuracy in front of large groups
• Facilitate accurate sales transactions using retail POS registers
• Stock retail area by moving and distributing cases of wine and other merchandise
• Assist with shipping of retail wine shipments
• Participate in physical inventory as requested
• Perform housekeeping tasks
• Assist with the set-up and execution of special events as requested
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
• Ability to work in various weather conditions and non-traditional business hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to bend on a repetitive basis when needed
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
What will set you apart?
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• 2 years of retail customer service experience recommended.
• 2 years of food and wine service experience recommended
• Strong communication skills, customer service skills, sales skills and the ability to prioritize while handling multiple tasks is required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Goal orientated and able to work as part of a team.
• Ability to speak comfortably and audibly in front of groups.
• Interest in or knowledge of wine and wine industry.
• Proficiency in Point of Sales (POS) systems and basic computer skills preferred.
• Must be flexible and available to work varied hours.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world because we value our vineyards and the art of wine-making. This focus has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers extraordinary and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health insurance, participation in our pension 401k programs and retail quarterly incentive plan.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 707-261-6436