Rack and Riddle Custom Wine Services in Healdsburg, is a growing facility specializing in the custom production of Sparkling Wine and Still Wine. Rack and Riddle is seeking a Quality Control Technician to add to our current Quality Control team.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be performing Quality Control checks before and during still and sparkling wine bottlings. This QC technician will work with the Production, Winemaking and Lab Teams on all production related activities.
• Analyzing pre-bottling tanks to ensure they meet client specification.
• Analyzing dosage samples to ensure they meet client specifications.
• Performing QC checks at start up and throughout the run to ensure that the wine and final product meet quality specifications. This includes performing analysis (Free/Total SO2, Alcohol, Density and other testing during the quality control checks (Vacuum test, Torque testing, Volume, Oxygen and CO2 measurements).
• Will advise the Client and Management of deviations in quality and will have the authority to stop the line if necessary.
• Responsible for the review and accuracy of all analysis and data entry pertaining to production.
• Cleans and maintains quality of laboratory instruments.
• Prepare and standardize all necessary reagents used in the QC laboratory.
• Be able to work extended hours and weekends.
• Performs special projects as requested.
• Keeps laboratory clean and maintains supply of clean glassware
• 2 years of experience working in a Laboratory and/or Quality Control position
• Experience with microbiological plating and collecting procedures preferred
• Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Enology, or other similar degree preferred
• Must have excellent multitasking skills, good computer skills, be able to work with Excel and Word
• Must be team-oriented and self-motivated
• Must have excellent problem solving skills both analytically and pertaining to quality issues on the line
• Able to prioritize workload and efficiently handle deadlines with focused attention to detail
• Must be able to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the US
The lab presents a unique environment that requires performing tasks of a repetitious nature, the ability to change job priorities and the need for speed, accuracy and precision to ensure the highest quality standards. Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, wet, slippery and noisy. Job requires candidate to be able to work on their feet for long periods, including the ability to go up and down stairs and bending are required. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Rack & Riddle is an EOE and a drug free workplace.