J.Scott Cellars is a family owned and operated winery based in Eugene, Oregon. The winery is growing and we need an energetic and efficient Tasting Room Manager to oversee our new location opening in downtown Eugene. The Tasting Room Manager will be responsible for managing the staff, day-to-day operations of the consumer and trade guest experience, winery retail sales, wine club acquisitions and merchandising while working collaboratively with other winery leadership to ensure delivery of a seamless customer experience as well as optimal management of the business. As a coach and mentor to the tasting room staff, you will lead by example and take on a strategic role in driving sales and traffic to the tasting room and to ensure that the overall lifetime value of consumers and trade customers is maximized.
• Manage the downtown tasting room including hiring, training employees, employee scheduling, assigning/directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving conflicts.
• Responsible for achieving monthly and annual tasting room sales and revenue goals by leading and implementing business strategies to drive sales among team.
• Ability to plan, execute, and achieve retail sales goals, wine club acquisition and name capture
• Plan, execute, and achieve retail sales forecasts through tasting room activities and events open to club members and the public
• Hire, lead and train tasting room staff, ensuring each shift is scheduled and running smoothly
• Ability to supervise and work on the floor with other tasting room employees, ensuring all tasting room operations are completed efficiently. Ability to consistently display exemplary customer service and coach employees in a timely and professional manner to ensure they are doing likewise.
• Work with tasting room staff to maximize and grow the wine club and other direct to consumer sales channels. Promote and effectively sell wine and wine club memberships by educating guests about the brand and what makes us unique.
• Provide leadership, direction and motivation to staff to foster a productive, efficient and positive work and sales environment. Continually develop and maintain a professional, customer service-oriented team, focused on brand awareness, increased retail sales, and wine club memberships
• Ensure staff is trained on wine, history of Oregon wine and the J. Scott Cellars brand, as well as appropriate sales techniques, promotions, and incentives.
• Work with tasting room staff to ensure tasting room is clean, organized, and the facilities are maintained with excellence
• Facilities management: Maintain an inviting, organized, clean and fully stocked tasting room at all times. Work with cross-functional team and oversee tasting room inventory and stocking of wine, non-wine merchandise, sales/POS materials, and forms. Coordinate cleaning schedules and assist with completion.
• Manage all tasting room financial activities to assure that sales and expenses meet budgetary goals.
• Submit reports to accounting and management as required, including daily sales and DTC key metrics, transfers and removals, bi-monthly inventory,
• Maintain standard operational excellence for J.Scott Cellars: ensure customer service standards and service recovery, opening and closing procedures, point of sales system maintenance
• Plan the sales and execution of private functions within the tasting room. Monitor and respond to requests for events. Assist with scheduling; staffing; set up/tear down, oversight and communication. Manage event calendar, adding information in a timely fashion and communicating with all pertinent staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience working for a winery
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 5 years experience supervising staff and customer service related to hospitality and food service
• Strong leadership and team building skills, ability to train and develop a team of highly motivated employees
• Skilled with motivating the team to consistently achieve goals and expectations
• Committed to providing an unsurpassed level of customer service
• Demonstrated sales ability
• Weekend availability – Saturdays and Sundays are a must.
• Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
• Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage time efficiently
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Able to resolve conflict and provide honest, respectful coaching
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Be over 21 years of age
• OLCC permit or the ability to acquire one
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of point of sale (Microworks, Wine Direct, etc. preferred). Literate in Excel, Word, Gmail, Social Media, etc.
• Ability to lift 45lbs and stand for long periods of time
• Reliable transportation
Please note, we will be collecting resumes until November 1st. We will then select and schedule interview candidates. Thank you for applying.