Jordan Winery, a leader in content marketing, is seeking a dynamic person with social media expertise and a passion for wine, food and travel to join our team. Our Social Media Manager should be a highly motivated, detail-oriented and creative individual who loves engaging with customers and has experience doing so for like-minded companies. An essential component of this role is communicating the company’s brand in a positive, authentic, visually compelling way what will attract mobile-first consumers and trade. Being able to create posts with visuals that illicit reactions and having a good eye for photo and video is a must. A love of multi-tasking and juggling lots of projects is also required.
SOCIAL MEDIA RESPONSIBILITIES
• Grow the winery’s social following through engagement, great content and other proven tactics
• Develop social plan and present in regular meetings
• Design creative engaging visual assets appropriate to select social platforms
• Create, curate, and manage all published content using scheduling platform
• Adapt content copy and artwork to the appropriate channel
• Give followers a behind-the-scenes look at winemaking and winegrowing
• Respond to questions and comments across all social media channels
• Have conversations with wine influencers, sommeliers chefs and other food influencers, travel experts and other travel influencers
• Create and maintain content distribution and event calendars
• Maintain online events calendars, including Facebook, and promote regional events
• Create and execute effective advertising on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube
• Research, create and execute Facebook and Instagram advertising campaigns using best practices, Ad Manager tools, planning calendar and budget
• Monitor, respond and distribute reviews from Google, Facebook, TripAdvisor and Yelp
• Maintain brand identity across social platforms and Google (banner images, videos, copy)
• Create and distribute monthly digital media report
• Coordinate social media contests and fulfill all prize shipments
• Stay abreast of trends in SEO, social media and advertising to remain highly effective
• Engage with food, wine and travel journalists to grow awareness for the brand
PHOTO & VIDEO RESPONSIBILITIES
• Take iPhone photos and videos that are brand appropriate and of high quality, knowing when content isn’t good enough or inappropriate for our image
• Shoot iPhone photos and videos proven to get reactions from social audiences
• Use design apps to create motion graphics
• Coordinate company photo and video shoot logistics (set-up, props, wines)
• Shoot iPhone videos for IGTV, Instagram Live and Facebook Live
• Help coordinate DSLR pro video shoots for YouTube
• Work with outside videographers, photographers on high-production projects
• Serve as the primary DSLR photographer for the company (events, website, social, recipes, blog, general)
• Process and file all photography using company’s file naming, file size and alt tag standards
• Maintain the company’s entire photo and video asset library, keeping files organized and labeled for easy access
• Maintain company’s photo and video equipment
• Upload videos to YouTube, adding appropriate SEO copy, keywords and icards
• Add YouTube videos to playlists
• Upload photos to Flickr, adding appropriate file names, descriptions and keywords
• Serve as primary contact for incoming requests to photographers, videographers and content creators who want to shoot at the winery
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media.
• Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
• Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
• Has a proven track record with Facebook Ad Manager, boosts and other social platforms—and is willing to share those metrics.
• Possesses excellent writing and language skills. Has a proven track record of minimal post typos/mistakes.
• Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to wine, food or travel.
• Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written, photo and video format.
• Has solid technical skills and can pick up new tools quickly.
• Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
• Demonstrates winning customer service skills such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
• Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
• Practices exceptional time management skills and is a multi-tasker.
• Is detail oriented, highly organized and accurate.
• Has an excellent memory to keep everything straight.
• Works with a proactive mindset and takes initiative.
• Has a strong work ethic and sense of urgency; love to hustle.
• Knows how to be resourceful and find solutions independently to get the job done.
• Has a desire for continuous improvement and always getting better.
• Knowledge of DSLR camera shooting and professional photo editing. (Video not required, but a bonus.)
• Knowledge of video shooting on smartphones.
• Has a passion for wine and food.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
2-3 years of experience in social media marketing
Other Qualifications, Technology, Software:
Adobe Suite: Photoshop and Lightroom required (InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, After Effects are a big bonus)
Sprout Social Platform
Facebook Ad Manager
Canon DSLR cameras
PC and Mac
iPhone and iPad
Competitive salary based on experience