Black Walnut Inn & Vineyard is a serene nine-room villa offering luxe accommodations and spectacular views of Oregon’s famed Willamette Valley.
We are looking for a highly qualified person to join our team as a part-time hospitality associate. This person is responsible for welcoming guests and executing a high level of service excellence throughout all aspects of the guest experience. This is a part-time position for 20-30 hours per week. Shifts will be primarily be weekdays and occasional weekends.
Essential duties include:
• Welcoming guests upon arrival, completing the check-in process and assisting with transferring luggage to rooms
• Serve as host to our guests, serving wine and snack items as necessary
• Answer phones and use our reservations system to book call-in reservations
• Provide guest concierge services
• Complete daily operating tasks to prepare Inn for guest arrivals and maintain a tidy and comfortable environment for guests
• Assist the Hospitality Manager with event planning and execution duties
• Assist with breakfast service and cleanup, and event setup, service and breakdown as needed
• Assist with administrative and operational tasks as needed
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a warm, professional, responsible and poised manner, able to deliver the high level of service expected from a luxury property.
• Truly enjoy working in the hospitality industry and value creating personal connections with guests.
• Communicate articulately, with the ability to easily and kindly attend to all guest questions and needs.
• Present a professional, well-groomed image at all times in appearance and dress. Tattoos are acceptable.
• Be proactive, detail oriented, excellent at following through, and a strong team player ready to contribute ideas and effort toward achieving our goals.
• Work independently, using good judgement to solve problems without direct supervision from manager.
• Familiarize quickly with our area's wineries and restaurants, and demonstrate personal interest in the local wine industry.
Over 21, college experience preferred.
Previous hospitality, retail or wine/hotel relevant service experience required.
Lift up to 50 lbs and carry heavy luggage up and down a flight of stairs.
Walk around the property frequently, including up and down stairs, to keep up with activities at the Inn.
Pass alcohol and food service certifications as part of new hire training program.
This is a part-time position with variable hours. Weekends and nights required.
If you believe you are a good fit for our team, please submit a letter of interest and resume. We do require previous hospitality or high-end retail experience to consider your application, please detail this experience in your cover letter to be considered.