The Vice President of Portfolio Management plans and executes divisional growth strategies, provides strategic leadership and direction for and oversees the makeup and pricing of the portfolio.
• Acts as a strategic partner with the General Manager and provides key leadership in the administrative, business and financial aspects.
• Oversees and directs the strategic development of the portfolio. Reviews the portfolio make-up, making recommendations for additions, deletions, trades, etc.
• Establishes product pricing and updates pricing as necessary to maintain margins.
• Actively seeks new producers to add to the portfolio; Serves as the primary relationship builder for new suppliers.
• Establishes tools and metrics to analyze supplier performance.
• Develops actions plans to improve portfolio performance; executes those action plans.
• Builds, develops and manages a team capable of carrying out strategies.
• Works closely with the General Manager to facilitate supplier visits, promotions and special programs.
• Ensures that the Corporate Strategic Planning is conducted in conjunction with other managers and executives and ensures the execution of the plan on the corporate and divisional level.
• Assists in the development of administrative policies and procedures.
• Monitors the external and internal environments for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats as relates to Winebow's operations.
• Responsible for staffing, staff planning, conducting performance appraisals on direct reports, budgeting, ensuring compliance with training requirements, developing direct reports and controlling division expenditures.
• Ensures that responsible functions and reporting departments conduct operations in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations, as well as standards set forth by membership and certification in various professional organizations.
• Promotes a positive professional image of Winebow internally and externally.
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Performs other, relevant duties as assigned.
• Conducts all activities and behaviors in accordance with Winebow's Mission and Employee Regulations.
• Trains staff on and follows all safety policies and procedures; actively makes improvements to processes to ensure highest level of safety; reports all accidents to the appropriate group.
Normal office environment and frequent travel in automobile, commercial and light aircraft.
Computer, fax, photocopier, calculator, telephone, automobile.
Sitting, manual dexterity, visual acuity, reaching, bending, driving, flying
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field; Master's degree preferred.
• 7+ years of experience in the fine wine industry.
• 7+ years of experience in managing direct reports.
• Exceptional knowledge of fine wine.
• Excellent oral, written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly proficient with MS Office
• Knowledge of Navision and Diver a plus
• Valid Driver's License.