Restaurant Depot, a national wholesale restaurant supplier is seeking a Wine Steward/Merchandiser for our Oakland, CA location. This individual plans, organizes, directs and controls the Merchandising activities of all wines & spirits. Maintains close working relationship with Regional and Branch Managers to improve merchandising standards inside the warehouses. The Wine & Spirits Merchandiser will provide our customers with professional advice and/or suggestions while shopping for their wine and spirits at the same time building professional relationships with our vendors. The Wine Merchandiser will also place calls and/or visit with potential customers in the assigned area(s). This individual will also be responsible for ensuring the warehouse is following our policies and procedures related to all facets of wine & spirits merchandising, sales, and product placement. Follows up with customers as requested by the branch manager.
We are a wholesale foodservice supplier and not open to the public. This position interacts with all our business customers that are shopping in our location.
• Exemplary Customer Service Skills. Must be able to interact with our business customers shopping for wine and spirits and be able to make recommendations and/or provide suggestions to fit their needs.
• Familiarity with wine, spirits and beer production terminology, phases of product processing, as well as varieties.
• Knowledge of foreign product names and terms, to ensure our customers are will understand the product they are purchasing.
• Basic math skills, including metric calculations for end user consumption.
• Communication skills; must have excellent verbal and written skills for interaction with customers, vendors, and internal associates.
• Detailed-oriented, organized with follow-through and a strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to lift and move product (50lbs) when needed and use safety equipment (ladders).
• Basic PC skills with MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Salary, plus benefits and 401k plan. Bi-annual Bonus program.