As a customer service representative for O-I you will provide world class customer service while adhering to all internal and external guidelines (e.g. customer contracts, company policies and procedures, etc.) and through effective and efficient utilization of our company resources (e.g. manufacturing assets, systems and software, support staff). Additional requirements include developing and maintaining strong and positive partnerships with customers, as well as internal business partners. You will contribute to the success of O-I North America (NA) strategic business priorities by providing service levels which deliver improved operational excellence for both our company and our customers. As a Customer Service Representative, you are the primary point of contact between O-I NA and our customers. You must maintain a positive attitude, coordinate all customer service functions, and engage the appropriate internal business partners to meet/exceed customers’ requirements.
• Provides internal business partners with insight on customers’ requirements, expectations and other pertinent competitive information.
• Consistently follows order entry processes and procedures to ensure order entry accuracy.
• Regularly reviews open orders to ensure completion through invoicing.
• Collaborates with internal business partners to support the management of customers’ glass container needs/requirements against production, shipments and inventory (PSI)
• Responsible for identifying opportunities to ship aging inventory
• Responsible for logging customer complaints and collaborating with Credit Analysts regarding claims
• Compiles necessary data and initiates a new material (SKU) request
• Generates customer specific reports (e.g. finished good and packaging material inventory, sales, and shipments),
• Communicates Customer Owned Packaging requirements to the customer.
• Compiles necessary data and initiates a new customer request.
• Support Sales Management on New Business Development (e.g. sample orders, stock price list quote)
• Contributes to overall sales and margin improvement by identifying and capturing margin leakage opportunities, e.g., out of pattern shipment, less than minimum run up charge, over aged inventory.
• Provide training and support for designated customer service team as it pertains to customer service related policies, procedures, and systems.
• Participates on continuous improvement projects and kaizen events…. Gathering data, participating in problem-solving exercises and adding their expertise and experience to solution exploration and execution.
• Associates degree in business related field or equivalent knowledge from work experience.
• Two years minimum experience in sales and/or customer service working in a fast paced and stressful environment.
• Demonstrated experience in problem solving.
• Strong communication & organizational skills.
• Detailed oriented
• Self motivated with the ability to learn quickly.
• Strong/proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and Outlook.
• SAP experience preferred.