Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call the greater Seattle area our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world because we value our vineyards and the art of wine-making. This focus has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers extraordinary and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for our Vice President of International Sales to join our team in Woodinville, WA. The successful candidate will lead an International Sales team that represents the Ste. Michelle Wine Estates portfolio of premium wines to distributors, brokers, importers and consumers internationally.
What you will do:
• Develop and execute regional/country strategic business plans including pricing, channel, distribution and marketing strategies driven by insights of the competitive landscape and market trends.
• Create annual sales and financial plan in support of International five year plan.
• Drive sustainable profitable sales growth for our product portfolio in international markets.
• Create and implement sales and distribution plans to maximize new and existing international sales.
• Lead a team of global sales professionals and effectively coach and develop the team building capability to be recognized as one of the premier international wine sales team in the industry.
• Ensure our international business practices are ethical and legal within each country we are doing business.
• Analyze and provide insights into sales performance in key countries creating tactical plans to take advantage of opportunities or close gaps as identified.
• Build strong relationships with key retailers and distributor executive management to leverage for win/win business building solutions.
• Build strong internal relationships with key stakeholders such as Marketing, Legal, Winemaking & Operations and effectively collaborate for win/win solutions to drive International business.
What you will bring:
• 10+ years of sales experience required.
• International and wine experience preferred.
• Strong communication, sales and negotiation skills.
• Strong Strategic and Analytical skills.
• International Marketing experience preferred.
• In depth knowledge of wine and/or spirts industry.
• Knowledge of key retail and on-premise accounts (e.g. buying and promotional practices and operational procedures).
• Ability to work well across the organization and constructively influence team objectives and outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a global and remote team.
• Ability to travel more than 50% of the time including weekends (domestic and international).
• Fluency or a working knowledge of a second language is preferred.
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Who you are:
• You are curious and continuously learn and grow your capabilities.
• You respect and value the power of conversation to bring people together, learn and solve problems.
• You value inclusion and work to create an environment where everyone feels welcomed and every voice is heard.
• You are innovative and have the courage to pursue new ideas.
• You make an impact by being bold and taking action.
We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health insurance, participation in our pension, 401k program and incentive compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. For more information, see the EEOC's "Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law" poster.