Our philosophy at Rutherford Hill is “quality first”. We are deeply driven by our passion for our wines, our vineyards, our people, and the amazing property we feel privileged to work with. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dedicated team, to discover our wines and share your knowledge with others. Join us and come to work every day surrounded by beautiful wines and breathtaking scenery.
We are currently seeking a hands-on and collaborative team player for the role of Assistant Tasting Room Manager. The Assistant Tasting Room Manager works closely with the Sr. Hospitality Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Rutherford Hill Winery Tasting Room, while modeling superior customer service and business standards. This role will assist with supervision of our Wine Educators, Retail Room and will oversee key operational tasks. This position will also be responsible for several of our outreach programs, with responsibility for developing, maintaining and growing our relationships with local hotels and other business partners.
• 3+ years of high-volume, luxury retail, restaurant or hospitality environment. Supervisory experience is highly desirable.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, with an emphasis on business
• Project management skills and multi-tasking ability.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Microsoft RMS or Napa Valley POS proficiency desired.
Key personal skills and competencies for success include:
• Ability to assume leadership role and make decisions.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to work and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while maintaining a high level of detail.
• Strong relationship-building acumen
• Ability to constructively manage others.
• Ability to effectively manage change in a dynamic environment
We are proud to offer an expanded benefits package including a choice of 3 medical plans, dental, vision, paid vacation and personal leave, company-paid life insurance, 401k at date of hire with company match, winery discounts, tuition reimbursement and student loan assistance.