Do you like wine? Do you have some experience in the wine industry, or do you want to learn about the wine importing business? We are a small, but national, wine importer located in Berkeley, specializing in boutique, artisan producers from Chile, Argentina and Uruguay. We are looking for a jack-of-all-trades administrative and marketing assistant for 30-40 hours a week but can be flexible based on the needs of the right applicant. We need a high-values person who can contribute and enjoy working in our small, friendly west Berkeley office. Duties include:
• Processing orders from nationwide distributors, and our California brokers
• Producing and managing marketing and sales materials
• Managing and updating our website (globalvineyard.com)
• Managing our primary wine inventory in our off-site warehouse, and our small inventory on-site in Berkeley
• Managing, packing and sending our FedEx wine samples (note these are not our distributor wine pickups; this is simply wine samples sent out from our Berkeley office, roughly 4-6 per week)
• Working with our wine suppliers on various issues, including some planning of their USA sales visits
This is an excellent opportunity for a versatile employee to do a variety of tasks while learning more about many aspects of a small business. The ideal candidate will be experienced in Outlook, Excel, Word and QuickBooks (basic); a good bonus would include experience with a desktop publishing program such as InDesign in order to produce sales materials.
Compensation is a competitive hourly wage with personal paid days off, and a possible matching 401K plan and reimbursement of your personal medical insurance premium (depending on hours worked).
The job requires strong interpersonal skills, telephone manners and English communication skills (verbal and written). Must possess a calm and proactive demeanor, able to juggle multiple competing tasks and be a creative problem solver. Must be proactive and able to work independently as well as within a team completing tasks on time with a high attention to detail. Must have demonstrated experience providing an exceptional level of customer service. Need a California driver’s license, and occasional access to an automobile. We require experience in a position with some similarities to this so the candidate can hit the ground running. And, most importantly, we are looking for a person who enjoys this kind of company and job duties.
No phone calls please, or recruiter inquiries. Send specific cover letter and resume (note, cover letter required).