Established in 1893, Stags' Leap Winery is one of California's earliest wine estates. The 240-acre property, located nine miles north of the city of Napa, is planted to 90 acres of vineyards. A unique terroir and ideal microclimate support a classical standard of viticulture, land use, and winemaking that is as relevant today as it was over a century ago. Today, it continues its proud winemaking heritage in the prestigious appellation that bears the winery name.
Stags' Leap Winery is currently seeking friendly, energetic, hardworking individuals with 2-4 years of hospitality experience and a passion for the wine to join our team. This position will be responsible for increasing sales, hosting wine tastings, and assisting in retail operations. If you have customer service experience and a passion for wine, we want to hear from you!
* Set-up and host wine tastings and tours for guests
* Sell wine, merchandise and wine clubs and meet monthly sales targets
* Open, close and operate cash registers
* Provide brilliant customer service to site visitors
* Host off-site pourings and tastings
* Stay current on Stags' Leap wine offerings
* Be engaged and active in local wine industry community - know our market place
* Be informed on local hospitality offerings and make recommendations to guests
* Participate in TWE training programs
* Strive for WISE triple score sales and service results
* Pack wine for retail and shipping orders
* Assist in events, private dinners and various site activities
* Assist Merchandise Dept. with restocking, inventory and floor upkeep
* Follow site policies and procedures including but not limited to: Opening and closing, inventory of merchandise and wine, etc
* Act as a backup for other Hospitality Sales Associates who are conducting tastings and tours
* Must be 21 years of age
* Exemplary customer service skills
* Passionate about wine
* Strong presentation skills with the ability to relay their knowledge of wines and wine production
* Dynamic communication skills & positive attitude
* Must have a clean professional appearance and excel in intercommunications and interactions
* Ability to start a project and carry through to successful implementation
* Knowledge of food and wine, the wine industry, Sonoma, Napa and Bay Area restaurants
* This position must work weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), some holidays and evenings
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs (a case of wine)
* Two years of wine industry/and or tasting room experience highly desirable
* Wine certification and or other industry training is preferred
* WISE or other wine service and sales training is a plus
In addition to being an incredible place to work with remarkable brands, we have fantastic perks!
Just to name a few:
* 401k with match
* Stock Options
* Generous Paid Time Off
* Comprehensive Benefits Package
* Wellness/Gym membership reimbursements
* Free product allotment, in addition to discounts all year long for you, your friends and family
* Discounts on other services such as rental cars, car purchase, cell phone bills, hotels, electronics and more!
* Lucrative employee referral bonus opportunities
Apply now and become a proud member of the family that is Treasury Wine Estates today!