Freemark Abbey is searching for a dynamic individual who wants to lead the charge at our historic winery on a Full-Time basis. This position offers multiple opportunities to grow our Wine Club business while nurturing our relationships with our Member base.
Under the direction of the DTC Marketing Manager the Wine Club Assistant Manager is responsible for the day to day management and execution of the Wine Club operations and fulfillment, including strategizing for increasing Wine Club membership and Wine Club sales. They will offer concierge level of customer service and support to Wine Club members at all points of contact. They will interact with guest at Wine Club events, tastings, and on the Tasting Room floor.
• Manages successful sales strategies in the pursuit of exceeding Wine Club sales goals while ensuring the highest degree of customer service.
• Achieves monthly Wine Club sales and membership goals.
• Assists with development and implementation of programs to grow Wine Club member count and slow attrition rate.
• Maintains Wine Club mailing/email database, including application data entry.
• Responsible for developing and executing email campaigns to achieve e-commerce sales goals.
• Supports the execution of Wine Club shipments.
• Assists in developing various marketing materials, including quarterly shipment inserts, email blasts, Wine Club correspondence, Wine Club forms, event listings, and Wine Club newsletter.
• Oversees membership kit mailings.
• Assists with planning and execution of hospitality events geared at Wine Club members.
• Ensures legal shipping compliance regulations are followed on all direct sales orders.
• Answers phone and email questions regarding Wine Club questions and wine inquiries. Responds promptly to all telephone, fax, and email inquiries, requests and complaints from Wine Club members.
• Coordinates release dates and any other current wine or market place information including Website.
• Effectively sells wine and Wine Club memberships at consumer events and the tasting room.
• Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Demonstrated sales ability.
• Strong organization, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience
• Skills using J.D. Edwards software preferred.
• Ability to work and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a high level of detail orientation.
• Previous Wine Club experience preferred.
• Ability to work weekends and evenings on occasion.
• Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repetitively.