As a part of the Wilson Artisan Wineries Accounting Department, the Accounting & Payroll Specialist performs a wide variety of duties related to accounting functions, including processing payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
SOME OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Performs payroll processing on a bi-weekly basis.
• Prepares manual checks.
• Reconciles accounts.
• Monthly and quarterly sales tax reporting and payment.
• Processes and records monthly payments for various accounts.
• Reconciles monthly accounts such as bank accounts and credit cards.
• Reconciles Rabo Bank on a daily basis.
• Counts and deposits cash for each location.
• Prepares invoices for custom crush and storage.
• Records Principle and Interest rates on all loans.
• Bank deposits and running errands.
• Other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
• Must possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently as well as part of a team.
• Able to effectively research, reconcile and analyze information.
• Must have exceptional documentation and follow through skills.
• Requires the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Must have reliable, insured transportation, a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
• Must be proficient at an intermediate level or above in MS Office Suite, ADP and Quickbooks.
• Able to key 60 wpm.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
HS diploma or GED. AA/BA degree and/or professional certificate in accounting or payroll preferred.
Fluent in English in both written and oral formats. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Ability to communicate in a professional and effective manner.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Able to detect variances and reconcile accounts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be performed by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable the employee to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, type, listen, talk, hear, speak, stand and walk. Must be able to use arms, fingers and hands to operate various types of office equipment. Must occasionally lift/move/carry up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.