A well established Sonoma County Winery is looking for a Southern California Sales Manager
We are looking for a self-driven, business minded individual who loves to sell wine to help us grow our business in Southern California and beyond. This role requires an in-depth and thorough knowledge of the Southern California marketplace. The objective is to develop distribution and depletions to achieve company goals for our portfolio of brands. Our Southern California District Manager will aggressively and proactively identify market opportunities focused on account development, distributor sales engagement, and the promotion of the portfolio in the marketplace. The majority of time will be devoted to sales activities, working independently and with distributor representatives.
Grow with us! We believe that success builds success! This entry level position will grow with the business and have opportunities to expand into a multiple state regional role. The current role will also include occasional out of state market visits to support company National goals and commitments.
Palm Springs/Palm Desert
San Luis Obispo/Bakersfield
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Create tactical plan to achieve company goals within your sales region
• Achieve annual targets set with the management team.
• Target unsold accounts with a continuously updated list.
• Recognize opportunities to generate and develop new business and distribution.
• Maintain and develop long term relationships with our existing accounts, while establishing and building new distribution, and growing account base by opening new accounts.
• Maintain regular communication and contact with key accounts, including frequent on-site visits to sample products, provide customer support, staff training and monitor inventory levels.
• Manage and attend regular distributor sales meetings, trade tastings, wine dinners, and selling consumer events.
• Educate and promote the brands to the distributor’s sales force, on-premise and off-premise accounts on an ongoing basis.
• Provide timely and relevant reports for the management team, as needed.
• Adhere to Company policies, and ABC regulations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Sales and Marketing or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years successful track record in fine wine industry sales.
• Strong knowledge and experience of the industry and established relationships with Southern Californian key accounts (Off-Premise Chain relationships a plus).
• Honest and deals with unquestionable integrity in all business transactions.
• Possesses a passion for fine wine and the wine business.
• Entrepreneurial and self-motivated with a willingness to push the boundaries.
• A team player.
• Hard working and performance driven.
• Creative and able to bring new ideas to the table.
• Communicative and collaborative.
• The ability to lift 40 pounds and travel via car for long periods of time.
• Must reside in the Los Angeles/Orange County area.
Our team consists of bright, energetic and talented people who have a passion for making great wine, supporting creativity and innovation, and demonstrating social responsibility. We offer a competitive compensation package including performance bonus, medical, dental, car allowance, and 401K
Please include salary requirements with your resume submission.