Position/Title: Human Resources & Operations Manager
Job Location: Napa, CA
Job Category: Administration (supports Director of Winemaking)
Type of Work: Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Growing custom crush winery located in Napa seeks experienced, energetic, hands-on HR leader. Successful candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Ability to juggle a variety of initiatives and manage multiple priorities is required.
The HR/Operations Manager will manage the organization’s human resources function and support the director of winemaking with operations. Great wine industry opportunity for a HR professional looking to expand his/her responsibilities to include operational responsibilities.
• Manages the organization's human resources activities, including benefits administration, employee relations, on boarding, performance reviews, and employment law compliance, and other key HR functions.
• Works directly with the director of winemaking to support workflow in the winery and the efficient completion of operational tasks.
• Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of employee handbook and personnel policies and procedures, in conjunction with senior management.
• Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
• Conducts recruitment efforts, conducts new-employee orientation, and monitors career development.
• Handles employee relations counseling, exit interviewing and related paperwork.
• Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
• Develops new ways to measure employee morale and determine methods for improving overall employee satisfaction.
• Performs the HR as well as operational duties for the director of winemaking.
• Act as a liaison between the production and accounting departments of the company.
• Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements and improve retention.
• Plays a key role in keeping the winery staff informed and up to date on policies and procedures.
• College degree required.
• Minimum of 5-years of experience in the human resources field.
• Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated commitment to positive culture, ability to motivate and manage with enthusiasm.
• Great attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a knack for problem solving.
• Self-starter with ability to work with little direction.
• Comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment law.
• Commitment to honesty, excellence and high standards of performance.
• Strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook required.
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish a plus.