Welcome! Thanks for stopping by.
We are in search of a talented Wine Educator to host our weekly wine and food pairing experience at deLorimier Winery. Our ideal candidate will be passionate and knowledgeable about wine and driven to provide exceptional hospitality. When not hosting our wine and food pairing, this individual will work in the tasting room. This position is part-time, Saturdays and Sundays. May work Fridays on occasion. We offer competitive compensation, including a generous sales incentive program.
The Wine Educator/Tasting Room Sales Associate is responsible for providing an enjoyable and memorable guest experience by providing exceptional hospitality. This person is adept at building strong relationships that promotes the sale of wine and wine club membership. Works as part of a dynamic team to meet or exceed sales goals. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures that all guests are greeted in a prompt, friendly and professional manner.
• Anticipates guests’ needs and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
• Communicates in a knowledgeable, professional and gracious manner.
• Maintains tasting room environment by ensuring that it is inviting and appealing.
• ID’s guests when needed to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Serves samples of wine in both individual and group settings.
• Educates guests regarding our wines, vineyards, brand history, sister wineries and lodging.
• Able to effectively resolve any guest dissatisfaction.
• Accurately operates POS system and other office equipment.
• Ensures that tasting room is properly stocked and inventory is being accurately recorded.
• Accurately completes end of day reports, reconciles daily sales and posts transactions.
• Demonstrates personal accountability by completing all job duties in a correct and timely manner and by following all company policies and procedures.
• Performs all opening and closing duties.
• Performs housekeeping duties that include, but are not limited to: disposing of trash, wiping counters and tabletops, cleaning and polishing glassware, cleaning restroom, etc.
• Restock wine and glassware in the tasting room as needed.
• Perform outreach to promote the wine & food pairing and increase reservations.
• Other duties and responsibilities as directed.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• First-hand knowledge, appreciation for, and passion regarding wine and wine-related topics.
• Able to guide groups of up to 16 guests through a four course wine and food pairing.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
• Ability to present products, up sell and cross sell.
• Strong interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and point-of-sale applications.
• Database management, social media and data entry experience a plus.
• Available to work weekends, holidays and overtime.
• Present a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Must be a team player and maintain a positive disposition.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift/move/carry 50 pounds on a repetitive basis.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• One year of experience in the same or similar role.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Active RBS and food handler certificate preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in a tasting room environment. Employee may also occasionally work in an outdoor environment during special events. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. Events may have higher levels of noise at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to engage and communicate with customers and co-workers in an open and friendly manner. This requires excellent communication skills. The employee is regularly required to use hands, arms and fingers to perform the duties of this position. Some examples include, but are not limited to: operating POS system, standard office equipment, lift/carry/move/open/pour wine, rearrange tables and chairs, put up and take down umbrellas, set-up for and take down events and perform housekeeping duties. Some examples of housekeeping duties are: cleaning and polishing glassware, wiping down tables/countertops, sweeping, cleaning/restocking restrooms and collecting and disposing of garbage. Must be able to hear/listen, speak, see, taste and smell. The employee is frequently required to stand, move and walk for prolonged periods of time. The employee must be able to lift/move/carry 50 pounds on a repetitive basis. The employee may occasionally be required to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch.
The duties, responsibilities and requirements of this position may change. Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.