Specialty wine and spirits shop located in the heart of Park Slope, Brooklyn seeking a salesperson who can also stock shelves and the storeroom. The shop is small, new, and specialized, so the position offers unique, first-hand exposure to distributors, tastings, and key decision making.
Looking for significant hours part time that could lead to full time, if desired. Initially, we would want you to work three to four steady shifts a week (7-hour shifts) plus you will have frequent fill-in opportunities. The shop is in growth mode and we are entering the busy season.
Because the store is only one year old, we need a self-starter with energy, ideas and the ability to multitask. Prior experience with, or a deep knowledge of, wine is a MUST.
Responsibilities outside of sales and working the register include:
• Keeping the shelves stocked and the storage room organized
• Receiving and stocking deliveries
• Assisting with checkout and local delivery
• Assisting with buying when you prove to master the previous three
• Prior retail sales experience
• Wine and spirits knowledge
• Excellent customer service skills and a natural ability to connect with people
• Ability to carry 45 lb boxes up narrow flight of stairs
Relevant work references are required. Please have at least two references lined up, and at least one of them must be a person who has been your supervisor.
Hourly rate will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Liking dogs is a plus (or at least our shop dog).