The Wine & Spirits Communications Coordinator will support Constellation Brands' Wine and Spirits Communications team in developing and executing programs that deliver strategic messages and elevate perception and awareness - both internally and externally - of Constellation's wine and spirits division and brands. The position will involve both brand public relations and corporate communications.
* Work closely with internal teams and external agencies to support execution of brand PR plans and corporate communication initiatives
* Develop excellent working relationships with cross-functional teams (e.g. brand marketing, digital, strategic insights, sales, winemaking, operations) to provide communications support
* Work collaboratively with teammates to develop content for internal company communication channels
* Fulfill incoming media requests for wine information, quotes, photos, etc.
* Manage sample request process and track shipments to ensure delivery
* Monitor and report status of vintage releases and inventory availability
* Maintain reporting and informational databases using Excel, publish updated databases monthly to intranet sites
* Assist with the creation of press kits and other brand and company materials in a timely and organized manner
* Assist with organization of internal wine tastings to inform brand PR strategy
* Manage communication of PR results through internal channels
* Assist team with coordination of winemaker travel and media visits to properties
* Support PR team with general administrative functions such as invoicing, creating purchase orders, copying, scanning, updating agendas, scheduling meetings, etc.
* Highly organized with an eye for detail
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong motivation and ambition to support the Communications team and their goals to drive the business
* Ability to prioritize, manage and deliver multiple immediate tasks and long-term projects on deadline
* Ability to work effectively and flexibly in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and challenging professional environment
* Positive attitude and self-starter with the ability to forge relationships and add value to PR team on integrated team projects and as individual contributor
* Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company's value of exhibiting the highest quality standards in all endeavors
* 1-2 years of work and/or internship experience at an agency or in a corporate office environment strongly preferred
* Bachelor's Degree in Communications/Public Relations/Marketing/English or related field preferred. Experience in a public relations capacity is a plus, but not required.
* Thorough proficiency in Microsoft Excel; MS Word, MS PowerPoint required
* Passion for learning and growing within the wine and spirits business
* Valid driver's license and ability to travel within San Francisco and California's Bay Area to accomplish tasks when required (own car not required)
* Ability to lift approximately 45 pounds, to stand for 2-3 hours, and to bend, kneel, and/or crouch.
San Francisco, California
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).