At Farm Collective, we are a group of passionate wine lovers on a mission to push the envelope and deliver world-class wines to our beloved customers. Our network of family wineries includes T-Vine Winery, James Cole Winery and Tank Garage Winery. We are currently looking to add a few amazing part-time folks to our teams at Tank and T-Vine.
This is role is not for everyone. This job is for dreamers. For people with soul, personality and drive. You will be on the front lines for two of the coolest, most innovative wineries in Napa Valley. Now, we won’t lie to you, selling is very important. But every day you will sell amazing, rare wines to incredible, rare people. You will be challenged. You will have fun. You will get to be yourself. And when you head home, you will feel great about your day. So we’ll ask…are you a dreamer?
1) Recruit cool new members to our Wine Club, slang wine, tell stories and blow customers’ minds.
2) Make every tasting special and never phone it in (except with this next part).
3) Pick up the telephone to sell wine, book reservations and provide such good customer service that they’ll invite you to their kid’s wedding, where you will sit in the front row and give a 30 minute speech.
4) Assist with our awesome events where we play pinball and eat BBQ.
5) Help with administrative tasks and all that nonsense.
6) Get out there and evangelize our brands and build relationships.
7) Embrace our company ethos and contribute back in to it.
8) We know this belongs on a motivational poster, but be incredibly positive, compassionate, helpful teammates with the rest of the squad.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
1) Previous hospitality and/or customer service experience. This doesn't have to be in a tasting room, but if you've done that before, awesome!
2) You must love wine, people and music.
3) You must be driven. Driven to sell, grow and improve.
4) Strong computer skills.
5) Flexibility and desire to grow with a company.
6) Demonstrate consistent professionalism and responsibility while having fun.
7) Must be a dreamer.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
1) Part-time hours -a variety of schedules available with most hours being between 9:30AM to 7:00PM, weekends always!
2) May be assigned to work at Tank Garage Winery and/or T-Vine Winery in Calistoga, California.
3) Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (case of wine) and remain standing for long periods of time.
4) Must be 21 years of age or older.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS
We offer a competitive starting rate ($20/hour) with additional opportunities for monthly commissions and quarterly bonuses. Of course, you’ll also get a wine allocation so you can enjoy and share our fantastic products with your friends and family outside of the tasting room (or keep it to yourself, we won’t tell).
Please submit your resume as well as a cover letter (both in PDF format) telling us why you are psyched about this opportunity and would be an awesome addition to our team. Applicants must be willing to consent to a background check.