Scout & Cellar is on a journey to discover the world’s most delicious clean-crafted wine and deliver it right to your doorstep. We’re a vibrant, fast-growing social selling company, and our business model provides social entrepreneurs the chance to own and develop their own wine business.
We are looking for an experienced, driven, fun professional to join our team as a Winemaker. This is a part-time, remote position ideal for applicants living in Willamette Valley, Oregon. Possible short-term, contract work available until year’s end.
Here’s what you’ll do:
• Direct and manage any production activities as assigned including grape processing, fermentation management, movements, storage, fining, filtration and bottling of wines and staffing for the same
• Manage transport of wines and integrity during the same between and among facilities
• Responsible for maintaining the integrity and quality of wines
Here’s what you must bring to the table:
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) is required in Enology or Viticulture or comparable experience
• 3+ years of experience in winemaking
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• An understanding and ability to run standard winemaking lab tests, such as D.O., TA, PH, So2 along with sensory evaluation and use of this information to maintain wine quality
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays as needed
• Valid driver's license
• Be able to repetitively lift a minimum of 50 pounds and to work on ladders in typical cellar conditions
Here’s what you’ll get:
• Because we’re a rapidly growing start-up team with a serious track record and an awesome team atmosphere, you’ll have a genuine opportunity to make a difference and learn and grow through real ownership and responsibility
• Competitive pay
• Generous discount on Clean-Crafted Wine™ and merch
Please submit your cover letter explaining why you'd be a great addition to our team, along with your resume.
Scout & Cellar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.