For twenty-five years, Paul Hobbs Winery has produced wines as meticulously made in the vineyard as they are in the cellar. Paul's unrivaled international experience and pioneering instinct for identifying exceptional vineyards led him to Napa and Sonoma, where he has refined the art of site-specific viticulture and precision winemaking. Our single-vineyard wines are made to express their distinctive origins, fermented with native yeasts, and bottled un-fined and unfiltered. They continue to garner accolades for their elegant expression of vintage and place. This is only the beginning: through our endeavor to foster relationships between farmers and winemakers, and our enduring focus on small production, single vineyard pinot noir, chardonnay and cabernet sauvignon, we are artfully crafting the future of winemaking.
The Estate Concierge manages all tour and tasting reservations to ensure memorable experiences for guests to the Paul Hobbs Winery. The Estate Concierge provides all guests with exceptional service from first contact through to post-visit follow-up and proactively arranging return visits. The Estate Concierge will be adept in luxury service standards and have the ability to converse with affluent wine collectors to build rapport and develop lasting relationships between the guest and winery.
This position includes a full benefits package including paid time off, paid company holidays, insurance (health, dental, vision) and 401k with company match.
1. Reservation management:
a. Process all requests for tour and tasting appointments including facilitating special requests and other deviations that might require seeking approval from management. Maintain a focus on efficient operations, integrity, and authenticity while using luxury hospitality service standards in all communication.
b. Collaborate with guests and hospitality team leadership to curate the best tour and tasting experience for each guest including seated, highly-structured wine tastings, extensive food pairings, vineyard excursions, and winery tours.
c. During all guest interactions keep brand awareness and customer loyalty as a priority while meeting all hospitality standards established by the company.
2. Operations assistance:
a. Assist in daily opening and closing operations procedures as well as monthly physical inventory and other departmental special projects that may be assigned from time to time.
b. Update booking activity and visitor traffic analysis reports as directed by hospitality manager.
c. Assist in setup and breakdown for tour and tasting experiences when requested.
d. Assist hospitality manager in procurement of departmental supplies and other ordering and receiving that may be required.
e. Working with entire hospitality team, maintain the pristine condition of guest experience venues at all times.
a. Working closely with the Hospitality Manager, connect with key referral partners on a regular basis.
b. Maintain referral tracking reports.
4. Special events:
a. Assist Hospitality Manager with planning and executing winery and company events.
b. Process event rental orders as needed.
Qualifications & Specific Skills:
1. 4 year college degree or equivalent experience in a luxury hospitality environment.
2. Previous experience in a concierge or similar role managing complex itineraries and/or scheduling.
3. Exceptional communications skills especially via telephone and email including the ability to communicate a style of refined service while carefully qualifying prospective visitors.
4. Strong wine knowledge including a dedication to ongoing learning.
5. Exceptional people skills. Outgoing personality with demonstrated skills building long-term relationships between a winery and its guests.
6. Deep knowledge of the local tourism scene including knowledge of and contacts at luxury lodging, livery and fine dining establishments as well as awareness of local events and activities that may shape visitor requests.
7. Experience pouring wine and/or serving food at special events. Fine dining food and beverage experience a plus.
8. Proficiency with winery CRM, ideally AMS. Strong skills using Microsoft Office.
9. Flexibility to work weekends and off hours when needed.
10. Ability to lift and carry a 9.0 liter case of wine.
1. Quality and performance driven, seeks perfection with a keen eye for detail. Sense of urgency and solution oriented.
2. Communicates well in any form of media: articulate, concise, clear, and transparent.
3. Cheerful, positive, “can do attitude”. Fair, friendly, firm, compassionate, authentic.
4. Works smart, strong work ethic. Organized, proactive, focused. Smoothly manages shifting priorities. Works well individually/collectively. Meets/exceeds task deadlines.
5. Intuitive, sound judgment, common sense. Curious, high integrity, responsible, collaborative.
6. Fresh, forward, critical thinker. Self-aware. Embraces constant incremental improvement.