Tasting Room Sales (Part-Time)
Halter Ranch is seeking Tasting Room Sales Associate in Paso Robles, CA. This position is open to anyone 21 years of age and older. We are looking for team oriented candidates who are enthusiastic, charismatic, and passionate about wine. People skills and the ability to multi-task are a must!
• Strong knowledge and enthusiasm about the world of fine wines.
• A desire to provide the ultimate in hospitality and customer service.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Must be able to work weekends and Holidays.
• Must be 21 years old.
• Retail sales experience is a plus.
• Greets all visitors to the winery and pours wines for tasting.
• Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answers visitor’s questions.
• Effectively suggests and sells wine to customers.
• Accurately handles routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales.
• Assists customers with the carry out of purchases to their vehicles when necessary.
• Provides general tourist information.
• Conducts guided tours as needed.
• Assists with the winery’s special events as needed.
• Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and its wines.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Receiving and Stocking:
• Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Room.
• Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by manager.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds repeatedly.
• Must be able to effectively stock wine, set up and break down tables, chairs and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.
Schedule Friday-Sunday. This position requires working weekends. Please keep this in mind when applying.
Compensation: $15 an hour with wine club commissions and tips.
Please send resumes to attention: Michelle Robles, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com (no phone calls please)