About C Mondavi & Family:
In 1943, Italian immigrants Cesare and Rosa Mondavi purchased the historic Charles Krug property, which to this day produces estate-driven Napa Valley wines. The brands of C Mondavi & Family—Charles Krug, Purple Heart Wines, and CK Mondavi & Family—were built on a foundation of family values, hard work and a European winemaking tradition. The wineries are under the direction of Peter Mondavi Jr. and Marc Mondavi, who steward the family business passed to them by their father, legendary Napa Valley wine icon Peter Mondavi Sr. The family is now proudly welcoming members of the fourth generation to the business, continuing a legacy started 75 years ago and setting a foundation for generations to come. For additional information, please visit charleskrug.com, ckmondavi.com, flatopwines.com and purpleheartwine.com.
The KAM will be responsible for developing business and relationships with key restaurateurs and high value/volume retailers within their assigned geography. KAM will be focused on field sales support of our SGWS distributor for Dallas, TX. The KAM will report to the DVP/and Regional Sales Manager on a regular basis to ensure that milestones are met and work is progressing as pre-planned.
This position will be responsible for implementation and management of their assigned geography in accordance with the guidelines set by the RSM and Sales DVP, that will contribute to the achievement of our overall set sales objectives.
The KAM may be involved with sales blitzes, market surveys, and other C. Mondavi & Family initiatives outside of their geography in support of the Texas sales team.
The essential functions.
• Develop relationships with distributor management and sales force assigned to their geography and/or accounts
• Implement merchandising plans in key on and off premise accounts with on premise being the primary focus.
• Present and gain new by the glass (BTG) and by the bottle BTB) placements as well as maintaining current business in their key accounts.
• Establish weekly, bi-weekly and monthly account call frequencies for their key on and off premise accounts.
• Assess key accounts and develop plans to improve CM&F’s brand presence and overall business
• Establish and maintain solid relationships with their assigned key accounts
• Work effectively with distributor managers and reps and key accounts to achieve company goals
• Conduct sales training meetings and brand education training seminars for distributor salespeople where necessary
• Conduct on premise staff trainings, in-store tastings at key retail stores, and educational seminars for customers and consumers
• Provide daily/weekly/monthly updates to DVP/Regional Sales Managers
• Provide timely and accurate weekly and monthly progress reports against goals
• Attend and participate in distributor sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows
• Achieve territory sales and distribution goals
• Executing territory sales plans
• Develop positive relationships with other C. Mondavi & Family employees in Marketing, Administration, Logistics, Finance and other departments as needed
• Territory: Dallas, TX
• Customer/Client Focus
• Results Driven/Initiative
• Business Acumen
• Financial Analysis Skills
• Communication Proficiency
• Presentation Skills
• Organizational & Time Management Skills
Required Education and Experience
• BA/BS degree in and 3+ years as a salesperson or merchandiser, fine wine knowledge is a plus
• Understanding and ability to improve and to grow sales in all areas of the business
• Knowledge of territory and Key Accounts within the territory
• Good knowledge of and passion for the wine category
• Excellent organizational/project management skills
• Good communication skills – very articulate with good public speaking ability/experience and excellent written skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word, as well as knowledge of iDig Pivotstream, Salenav
• English as primary language, Spanish is a plus
This job operates from Employee’s home in a professional office environment as their base, with outside sales as predominant work environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets etc…
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. as required
• Able to occasionally travel outside of territory and work some weekends or evenings as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.