Position Summary: Under general supervision, responsible for completing accounting activities related to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Responsibilities include accounting, reporting, reconciliation and analysis.
* Perform general accounting responsibilities and general ledger maintenance in accordance with various policies, processes and within an internal control framework
* Define and prepare journal entries
* Perform general ledger account reconciliations
* Assist in performing company close procedures including:
+ Analyze monthly results and adjust as appropriate
+ Record, research and reconcile inter-company transactions
+ Assist in the preparation of monthly consolidation and elimination entries
+ Analyze and review of operating company financial results, both foreign and domestic
+ Perform additional duties as needed to support the close
* Prepare monthly U.S. GAAP financial statements including, balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement
* Support completion of external reporting and/or consolidated footnote disclosure reporting requirements
* Assist with coordination and compilation of data for additional reporting and analysis as required
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent required, CPA certification or CPA candidate preferred
* 1-2 years of experience in public accounting or relevant industry experience preferred
* Computer application proficiency required; JDE, SAP, HFM, Blackline and advanced proficiency in MS Office a plus.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Core Competencies to be Successful:
* Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment, managing multiple shifting priorities.
* Demonstrate initiative and results focus; strong attention to detail and ability to critically assess data
* Aptitude in building relationships across various functional teams
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements:
* Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
* Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended periods of time
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Canandaigua, New York
Finance & Accounting
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).