The VC Servers are responsible for delivering exceptionally high standards of customer service, educating visitors about our wines, our winery and the Carneros district; signing up new members to the wine club and assisting visitors in the selection and purchase of wines for enjoyment at the winery or in their homes. All Servers work as a cohesive team and are eligible to participate in the Sales Compensation Plan with commissions and bonuses payable based on individual performance. Previous wine experience, Knowledge of wine production and experience in the hospitality industry are a must.
Customer Service and Sales:
• Greet guests and offer information on our tastings and tours
• Perform table service of wine for winery visitors
• Educate visitors about our wines, the winery and the Carneros district
• Assist visitors in selecting wines for enjoyment at their table or in their home. Utilizes excellent sales skills to encourage wine sales; informs visitors about shipping options to help facilitate their purchase
• Present the benefits of membership in the Chateau Society and assist visitors in becoming members
• Assist with winery special events. Duties may include event set-up, event breakdown and clean up, food and beverage service, bussing, washing and polishing of glasses
• Detail oriented with the ability to work independently
• Good interpersonal skills - ability to work with different types of people in a variety of situations.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Good communications skills.
• A resourceful, self -motivated and dependable attitude
• Previous winery experience
• Knowledge of wine and wine production
• Foreign language skills
• Experience in the hospitality industry
• Spanish Speaking is a plus
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and key responsibilities of this position. Work conditions in certain areas of the vineyard, winery, and Visitor Center are cold, wet, slippery and/or noisy.
Frequent walking, including over uneven ground and climbing up and down stairs and ladders are required. Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders, bend, lift, twist, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, push, carry, grasp, reach and stoop as needed, sometimes for extended