Wines of the West is a new winery opening in Paso Robles. We are seeking full-time Tasting Room Lead to join our team. Wines of the West is part of the Vintage Wine Estates, Inc. portfolio. Vintage Wine Estates, Inc. is a collection of vintner family-owned winery estates and brands based in Santa Rosa, California. We are an industry leader across all sales channels and dedicated to providing wine consumers with a range of wine selections from $10 to $100 dollars.
The Tasting Room Lead will be highly skilled at sales and guest service, balancing the delivery of a gracious experience for all guests with effective team leadership. This position will work closely with the Manager to provide tasting room staff with guidance and leadership while also being the voice of the front-line team, vocalizing potential concerns when necessary.
Please copy and paste the following link to see the full job description and to submit your application online.
Applications not submitted through our career portal may not be reviewed or considered for the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Point of contact in Manager's absence
• Lead by example and come to work with a service heart
• Motivate team to meet and exceed goals
• Update and make modifications to tasting menus when required
• Notify Manager of maintenance issues and upkeep in tasting room
• Maintain clear and open communication with Tasting Room Manager
• Review reports and analyze data capture as needed
• Responding to all emails and voicemails in a timely manner
• A strong level of organizational skills
• Knowledge of wines and wine production
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Excellent people management and customer service skills
• Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
• 3+ years’ experience in a sales and hospitality environment
• Evidence of superior sales performance preferred