Huneeus Vintners is seeking on-call Event Culinary staff for winery events in multiple locations: Quintessa (St. Helena), House of Flowers (Healdsburg). Events include sit down formal dinners and wine club receptions. This position will work with the Chef and culinary team to execute the set menus, prep, cooking and clean-up of the event.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the team to create the company's culinary experience for guests
• Prepare and properly garnish all plates in accordance with menu specifications
• Prepare sauces, soups and hot entrees in accordance with menu
• Present food using proper plate presentation techniques
• Set up for meal periods by ensuring that stations are set up based upon anticipated volumes
• Adhere to company standards for safe food handling and storage
• Keep equipment clean and in proper operating conditions
• Maintain cleanliness and stocks coolers and storage area
• Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
• Previous professional culinary experience
• Excellent oral communication and listening skills
• Ability to follow directions
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
• An event cook must provide their own uniform (further details will be provided in interview)
Physical demands and abilities
• Frequently walking with some standing at times, possibly extended distances; ability to bend and climb stairs when necessary
• Frequently lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
• Occasionally lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to reach with hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly
Please apply online and include a Resume and Cover Letter.
Location: Healdsburg, CA 95448
Category: DTC, Tasting Room and Retail