You will work closely with a sales counter-part to support the selling process by leveraging syndicated POS data and insights to develop powerful selling stories and analytics that drive DFWS portfolio expansion, increase share of retailer items/shelf and increase the measurable quality of brand programming in our off-premise chains.
This role provides critical support to and influences the account management process. Through their vision, thought leadership, and analytical expertise, the Category Development Analyst directly supports the Regional Chain Manager and the Category Development Team in developing consumer and customer focused strategies, tactics, and category grounded solutions.
The location of the role is flexible but places such as Chicago, Cincinnati, Charlotte, Jacksonville, Dallas or the Mid-Atlantic area are preferable.
The Ideal Candidate Has:
• 2-5 years as a Category Analyst within CPG
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
• Understanding of Nielsen/IRI syndicated and Consumer Panel data
• High proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook required
• Strong analytical, organizational, communication, math and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in data extraction, analysis, and presentation creation/delivery is a must
• Ability to tell compelling fact-based selling stories
• Comfortable presenting ideas and concepts; ability to contribute in a cross-functional team environment
• Ability to be a self-starter and with drive to take ownership of projects and see through to completion
• Knowledge of Beverage Alcohol Industry a plus
• Must be willing and able to travel up to 15% of the time
What Will You Do?
• Build compelling fact-based selling stories using multiple data sources that will lead to increased distribution and support of our brands
• Provide actionable insights on the retailer, category, and our brands to establish DFWS as a credible category thought leader
• Complete analysis of data in support of selling process. Report findings, opportunities, and recommendations
• Integrates data from multiple resources (Nielsen or IRI, consumer panel data, insights, etc.) to develop actionable insights and recommendations
• Create fact based selling stories for presentations to buyers; deliver and participate in customer appointments and presentations
• Develop and implement monthly retail category scorecards (new item tracking, pricing, distribution, and post-promotion analyses)
• Share best practices, insights, learnings within DFWS Category Development Team